HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: No Scrolling bar in the clientarea of a Tab panel chat window  (Read 1351 times)

ExileJordi

• Developers
    • View Profile

Good day people  ;D

If anyone remember of me, i was doing a chat windows and right now i have it working with a tabbedParent to have each channel in a different tab. In each tab, it's rendered the clientarea where the messages are shown, the problem is that i don't find why it doesn't appears the scrollbar u.u'

This is my GUI struct:

· Chat_Window
   · resizeTop, ResizeBottom, resizeLeft, resizeRight
   · titlebar
   ·scrollable
   ·tabbedParent (the important part)
       ·tabs
       ·tabContainer (here there's  the 5 tab with the same name that in the clientarea part)
           ·clientarea
               ·tabGame, tabPM....  (and whithin each, there's a scrollable GUI panel)
       ·E_ChatInputBox

Also, to render the clientarea part in my script I use:

method Chat_GetClientarea() as NodeRef of Class GUIControl

return FindGUIControlByName(me, "tabbedParent.clientarea")

I have spent a lot of days trying to solve this bug, but i don't find where's the problem...

Thank you! :D

EDIT: even the /sn <nodeid> on clientside says visible=true, and all his children too..
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 13, 07:19:02 PM by ExileJordi »

ExileJordi

• Developers
    • View Profile
Re: No Scrolling bar in the clientarea of a Tab panel chat window
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 13, 12:09:46 PM »

I have posted it in the main section to see if anyone knows there, I would be grateful if this post can be deleted :)

Thank you.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: No Scrolling bar in the clientarea of a Tab panel chat window
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 13, 03:35:03 PM »

Here is the structure I used, it might be similar, I added a little detail. In the prototype I use class="VendorWindow" and no inheratance. I set the class up in the DOM with a parent of _GUIBaseWindow. Then I can use my class and not have to use the other window sections of resizeTop, ResizeBottom, resizeLeft, resizeRight, titlebar.

VendorWindow
 . tabbedParent
     . tabs
        . horizontalRules
        . tabScrollArrows
        . tabContainer
           . tab (Items)
           . tab (armor)
     . clientarea
        . tabcontentpanel (Items)
           . scrollableParent
              . scrollBar
              . clientarea
        . tabcontentpanel (armor)
           . scrollableParent
              . scrollBar
              . clientarea

vendor as NodeRef of Class GUIControl = FindGUIControlByName(None, "game.VenderWindow.tabbedParent.clientarea")

I use the search from the base area, then use the layer of game, so they turn on/off with cntrl-G, and then the main window name, before the tabbedParent and clientarea. My class is the whole window, thus I start from the base window.