HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] GrannyAssetSpec unknown  (Read 1813 times)

Warkral

• World Owners
    • View Profile
[Resolved] GrannyAssetSpec unknown
« on: Apr 15, 13, 07:33:55 PM »

So I have a few free assets I downloaded from Dexsoft( http://www.dexsoft-games.com/models/fantasy.html ). One of them is a plain old wood bench. I imported it into 3ds Max, followed the instructions here,( http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_10375&feature=iv&src_vid=2JdQsW9TKNM&v=1oB1CqREVhI ) and imported it into the game. I'll skip the 2 days it took to get that far  ;D and skip right to the issue.

I'm still getting errors:
17:55:27: !ERROR!System:[\world\usertextures\bench_custom.hgm] GrannyAssetSpec unknown Property: MapChannel:1 = Texture
17:55:27: !ERROR!System:[\world\usertextures\bench_custom.hgm] GrannyAssetSpec unknown Property: MapChannel:2 = UVSet0

The bench looks fine, but these errors are something I want to address now. I would give specific details but I'm not sure what anyone would need to address this issue. The only thing of note I can say is I'm a rookie, an amateur, first timer. I know next to nothing about any of this. I've been using the Hero engine for a week, and 3ds Max for 3 days so it's all a foreign language to me but I'm giving it a go anyway because it's a passion of mine. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 13, 11:42:53 AM by HE-BENNETT »

Lunchbox

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • BrandNGames
Re: GrannyAssetSpec unknown
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 13, 03:54:36 AM »

That's because dexsoft likes to have custom properties assigned to the meshes. If your in max its easy to fix. Just right click the mesh go to properties>user defined an delete all the entries. Then reexport and the error will be gone.

Warkral

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: GrannyAssetSpec unknown
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 13, 11:01:16 AM »

Thank you very much!