HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Installation: HeroEngine Art Tutorial Sample Files and Example Art downloads  (Read 1906 times)

Pascalito

• World Owners
    • View Profile

We downloaded these 2 from the Dashboard and got some zip files.

Where do these go and what are they used for please?

TY beforehand :)

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest

These are, well, art examples.

You just unzip, and open them in 3d studio max or maya... Now you can explore how to setup your art :)

Pascalito

• World Owners
    • View Profile

Do you mean the "Example Art" files can be used in both Max and Maya?  Unzip to which directory/location?

"HeroEngine Art Tutorial Sample Files": are these just Art samples like in Example Art, since you do not distinguish in your reply?  Where/what is the tutorial part in it (does it have the full tutorial in it, is it linked to a tutorial/video that is somewhere else)?  Is HeroEngine in this name just an indicator of ownership of the files or is it directly related to HeroEngine functions?

The dashboard honestly comes with very few guidelines and we could not find info on wiki about this part of the install either :-(

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest

These files can be unzipped in any location you prefer.

I think you misunderstand here: These are not tutorials; these are files from the technical artists from HeroEngine to show you how they did it. This does NOT teach you how to make them yourself, but rather shows the end-result of their work for you to explore.

HeroEngine Art is just the Art by HeroEngine. Nothing fancy in there mate.

Art Samples == Example Art.

As for the dashboard, it does not need guidelines in my humble opinion, as it is just a few buttons and it's actually incredibly simple to use.

I suggest you start with basic 3D Studio Max tutorials :)

Pascalito

• World Owners
    • View Profile

TYVM, that helped :)