HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Viewing Profiles on the board  (Read 12301 times)

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Triad Game Studios, LLC.
Re: Viewing Profiles on the board
« Reply #30 on: Jun 08, 13, 01:49:18 PM »

General accounts and Guests have more permissions than those that have paid anywhere from $99.00 up to $5,000.00. This does not seem right. Those that have paid should have, at the very least, the same permissions as Guests do.

You stated that it was tied to accounts and account types. Whether this is set up with a bridge for Wordpress and/or the ultimatepay plugin, or a custom HeroCloud system set up, the permissions for groups inside SMF work the same no matter what. (should only be bridged with Wordpress, and Wordpress with everything else for less db calls.)Cloud server permissions should only be tied to the ultimatpay plugin and or Wordpress.

Unless you are stating that since Guests have full permissions on the forum, they would on the cloud as well.

However, I think my first statement is the feeling for most around here. It would be nice to have a working forum that makes things easier instead of having to use work arounds that can take up a LOT of time if you do not find the correct word associated with the user name. At least in one place, such as the forums.

Peace,
Sarrene'

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #31 on: Jun 08, 13, 01:58:56 PM »

I think they are just trying to work out some bugs or errors with the group permissions (i hope).

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #32 on: Jun 08, 13, 04:49:27 PM »

I think that having this feature would certainly be useful - the more functionality the forums have, the easier it'll be for everyone to work together.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #33 on: Jun 08, 13, 04:58:05 PM »

Cooper I think the community is asking for it to stop being low priority and get bumped on the list some.

All the active community forum members are here posting we want it fixed, so that should make it a bit more priority, is all we are asking.

And my point was if it's a pain or hard task to get the hero account system to tie out to a forums account management, how are you going to support hero account system to a billing system. The two systems are probably miles apart and totally different, but it's the illusion that gets presented, that counts. We have enough trouble getting quality devs to come and stay, which we need all we can get so we have more resources.

I mean look at your advertisement Cooper. Come buy our engine, it's wonderful, and great by the way, our forums don't work. Yes, we know every game company in the world has a system to tie player accounts to forum accounts, but ours is broken, and well we just don't care to fix it. So come on and buy our engine, we promise it's great and well hopefully we will find your bug to be worth fixing. If not I'm sure you can find a work around.

As stated the forums are the only way any of us are getting anywhere with our games. It's broken, I call that at least a medium priority. Also how much time could it possibly take? 1 maybe 2 days. We been waiting for rest of sapphire for months, a few days on new features to the engine won't make us cry or even care. This however is annoying.

[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #34 on: Jun 08, 13, 05:47:29 PM »

I believe this thread has run its course.  It'll be fixed when it's fixed.  And if you only have to log out to view profiles,  that is hardly a difficult workaround.

You can't assume what is involved without knowing exactly how they are set up, and Cooper has posted over 1600 times, so it is unfair to question his commitment to customer service.  There are much more important things to be fixed, so just chill, everybody, no point in further beating the horse.  :)
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.
Pages: 1 2 [3]