HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Viewing Profiles on the board  (Read 5961 times)

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: Viewing Profiles on the board
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 13, 11:02:53 AM »

Bumping this up once again so it will not be forgotten.

Some user-groups can see the profiles, whereas others (my group probably) can't see the profiles.

Warded

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 13, 07:40:07 AM »

Has there been an update on this? It would be nice if it got fixed, it was always nice to easily access someones past posts.

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 13, 10:04:27 AM »

If you do the Search and use the "By User" field, does that not work, either?
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

Warded

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 13, 10:14:27 AM »

If you do the Search and use the "By User" field, does that not work, either?

The problem with that is you still need to enter data into the search field. It will limit what you see from that person. Where as how I used to be able to, and some people still can, just click on your name and view all posts.

I always liked the ability to do a little easy research on someone if they answered a question or posted a topic I liked. I miss it  :(.

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Triad Game Studios, LLC.
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 13, 04:05:48 PM »

Perhaps this will help to sort things out a bit for whom ever is in charge of the forums, just in case they are new?
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Profile/sandbox#Profile_Information

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Membergroups#Settings
« Last Edit: May 24, 13, 01:19:20 AM by SarreneGrant »

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 13, 08:08:38 PM »

Yes, it works for checking one's own profile, though not others.

An Error Has Occurred!

You are not allowed to access this section

Viper155

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jun 07, 13, 03:54:44 PM »

I'm sure whoever is in charge of this forum is extremely busy, but how has this not been fixed yet? 

It's a simple community request and most likely would just require some permission changes.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jun 07, 13, 05:17:06 PM »

We don't use these forums like a simple user would. The permissions are tied to an external account management system used in the HeroCloud. I honestly, as stated above, don't think it's important enough to spend developer time on. If for some reason you need to see every post from a specific user, search for posts, put in their user name, and type in a simple word.

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Triad Game Studios, LLC.
« Reply #23 on: Jun 08, 13, 11:01:01 AM »

Generally, even if you do have accounts linked to something like WHMCS, it is only a few moments for forum permissions.

Being logged in you cannot view profiles. However if you are not logged in and are a guest.. you CAN!

On that note.. I also noticed I cannot view any attachments or images on the forum, unless they are linked images. Example post: https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,4620.0.html

I just posted that, however I could not see the image. When I checked while NOT logged in, I could view the image.

I think there are some major issues over all with forum uac permissions that may want to be addressed. Just my own humble thought though.

Thankyou,
Sarrene'
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 13, 11:04:22 AM by SarreneGrant »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #24 on: Jun 08, 13, 11:06:51 AM »

Generally, even if you do have accounts linked to something like WHMCS, it is only a few moments for forum permissions.

Being logged in you cannot view profiles. However if you are not logged in and are a guest.. you CAN!

On that note.. I also noticed I cannot view any attachments or images on the forum, unless they are linked images. Example post: https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,4620.0.html

I just posted that, however I could not see the image. When I checked while NOT logged in, I could view the image.

I think there are some major issues over all with forum uac permissions that may want to be addressed. Just my own humble thought though.

Thankyou,
Sarrene'

Confirmed, can view profiles when logged out and that image only when logged out....

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #25 on: Jun 08, 13, 11:13:17 AM »

Thankyou,
Sarrene'

Confirmed, can view profiles when logged out and that image only when logged out....

Confirmed #3

Dunaway

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jun 08, 13, 11:18:49 AM »

I honestly, as stated above, don't think it's important enough to spend developer time on.

Really... This would take roughly 5 to 10 minutes to fix if that. That statement above is just another way to say, "I don't care what you guys want, I'm not wasting my time on simple stuff so deal with it".

Do you realize that your Forums are a key component to your support aspect here? Would you think making an adjustment to minimize questions from being repeated over and over make your life a little easier?...

I don't think you fully understand the meaning of customer support here, every post that you redirect as "Not Important" when it truly is, will only decrease the value of the HeroEngine for customers to continue subscribe. Support is a key aspect to any successful development company that is offering a service, if you continue in this direction you wont last long...

I'd suggest that maybe if you don't have the time to resolve this issue, that you ask another staff member that does.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 13, 11:24:51 AM by Dunaway »

JGrant

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jun 08, 13, 11:58:15 AM »

It looks like group permissions. I can see everything. I'm blue account type. Gold and yellow accounts are having the issue.

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #28 on: Jun 08, 13, 12:30:30 PM »

Cooper here is my thing.

Your community is teaching itself your engine for you, our main two channels to do this is the forums, and the few of us in skype working together. Taking capabilities away from us to help each other IS IMPORTANT, probably more important than finishing DX11 out that we probably won't fully use cause it's a MMO and most players can't handle it anyways.

Also since the game billing system for releases uses something similar where is the faith in us to trust it?

It's just not about searching for posts either. I'm in a post want to ask someone from that post a question via pm. Usually you could just click on their name, and click send PM. Now instead i have to go to my messages, new message, search for the name, add it, then type. Yes it's still functional just like the "work around" for searching, but it's so extremely annoying.

[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jun 08, 13, 01:36:36 PM »

The billing system has nothing to do with these forums. :-) The view every post for a user is on a list of100 things to fix, it's low priority, especially since its functionality exists in a work around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3