HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Oblivion Entertainment Hiring  (Read 2777 times)

OblivionMMO

• General Accounts
  • Hey all, How do I....
    • View Profile
    • Oblivion Entertainment
Oblivion Entertainment Hiring
« on: May 09, 13, 03:04:17 PM »

Greetings everyone and thank you for your interest.

Oblivion Entertainment is a small, independent company developing the online MMORPG Oblivion: Destiny's End.  Based on our long term MUD project founded in 1997.  We are currently interested in hiring in new developers and extending our staff.

Current Staff
Joshua Clay, Lead Programmer
Kelsie Fitzpatrick, Lead Developer (MUD)
Lonnie Morris, Lead Developer (MMORPG)
Alexander Glaeser, Lead Writer / Admin of "The Void" Radio

Generalized Developers
Adam Hawkins
Chris Ferreri
Jon Labbe
Justin Maxwell
Robert Wilkins
Seth Desoto

2D/3D Designers
Bridgette Kingery

Our Mission
It is our desire and intent to bring the MUD feel to the world of MMORPGS.  What MMORPGS have most been lacking in is innovation, and true roleplay.  We want to create a world in which the players forge the storyline, and your actions have an actual EFFECT on the world.  More than killing a monster that will simply respawn a few minutes later.

Additional Information
Our staff is small, but our heart is large. Our world is rich with history and story, that has been forged over the past 17 years of interaction with players and ourselves.  We will not sit here and promise money.  Essentially we offer a legally binding contract, granting our developers a portion of the company and its profits (Should the game be completed and launched).  Our current assets and properities are Oblivion: Destinys' End MMORPG, Oblivion MUD, "The Void" Radio Network and www.suescollection.com

Specific Hirings
We have opportunities for multiple generalized developers, multiple DJs for "The Void", two additional 3-D Designers as well as one webmaster.  We are a close knit team with a passion for working on our game.  Having worked on and produced MUDs as a team for a number of years, we know how to continue on through the hard, and tough.  We cannot promise we will be successful, all we can promise is that we will not quit.

Closing
If you want more information, please visit our website at http://www.oblivionent.com or contact jobs@oblivionent.com or feel free to contact myself via Skype at: jclaydash

Thank you for your time and consideration, we hope you will elect to join our team!
« Last Edit: May 09, 13, 03:20:14 PM by OBLMerrick »
Joshua Clay - Owner
Oblivion Entertainment
http://oblivionent.com

OBLEJuno

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion Entertainment Hiring
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 13, 03:14:27 PM »

Working within Oblivion since 2001 I can honestly say it is my second family. From all the staff to all the players (former) it was a reality I could escape to when the real life was to much to handle. In a place that makes you feel welcome and see's you for you who are and not a writing bot, I feel it's an amazing company. But I could babble endlessly about the company, but for you to know how awesome we are you would have to come see for yourself.

Juno

rjhanes

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion Entertainment Hiring
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 13, 06:51:53 PM »

Hello, my name is Aaron im kinda interested but i have one main question and that is on Communication. Developers that i have seen lately lack a sort of Communication. In order to be passionate about your Position within a indie Game company you must be able to co verse with the rest of the team otherwise alot of work/detail and or lack of activity will be lost. Now I have had a team Called NXT Entertainment we were developing a mmorpg but we didn't have a big group plus money was short and much more... I would like to learn more could you guys supply maybe an portfolio or maybe a skype that i could contact for service ?
if so that would be pretty cool.

Thank you.

Rj is OUT """:L