HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: animation export issue  (Read 3746 times)

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
animation export issue
« on: May 29, 13, 01:39:21 PM »

the animation in question is a "dying" animation , the character falls to his knees and then onto his face. For some reason after exporting from max there are some extra frames that make the character stand back up , ready for a loop back to frame one. 

this is definitely not there in the export , even shortening the animation does nothing to help. any ideas what i can do to stop this happening? 

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: animation export issue
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 13, 03:13:17 PM »

You probably pasted the AAS file from one of the existing characters. After a death animation, the player stands up again.

Edit the sequence file for the death animation to set motion, turning and .... aargh, forgot the name, as false.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 13, 03:19:21 PM »

would that effect the hgm when viewed in the hero viewer too ? the file i am testing has no asq or aas references to it but the last .01 of a second is not in the animation before export
« Last Edit: May 29, 13, 03:25:16 PM by WorldWideZ »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 13, 12:52:20 AM »

have not had much response for this so i thought i would make a video - http://youtu.be/CzQNR0YM_3Q - as you can see the model jumps to his feet again at the end of the file

these are not frames i have created in max , and i am currently at a loss on how to remove them or stop the export process from adding them

any one else had animations that automatically loop when they are not supposed to? are we supposed to solve this issue through using the aas ?

edit playing around with the supplied gr2 animations for the sample char i notice the sample death also has the loop issue , does this mean all animations export like this?

also Dwight - the settings you refer too , is that in the aas ?
« Last Edit: May 30, 13, 01:02:44 AM by WorldWideZ »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 13, 05:38:45 AM »

have not had much response for this so i thought i would make a video - http://youtu.be/CzQNR0YM_3Q - as you can see the model jumps to his feet again at the end of the file

these are not frames i have created in max , and i am currently at a loss on how to remove them or stop the export process from adding them

any one else had animations that automatically loop when they are not supposed to? are we supposed to solve this issue through using the aas ?

edit playing around with the supplied gr2 animations for the sample char i notice the sample death also has the loop issue , does this mean all animations export like this?

also Dwight - the settings you refer too , is that in the aas ?

you can stop the looping in the AAS file by adding "looping false" to it in the die action. Also, is the character turning around like that on purpose while on the floor? Did you animate the SRB perhaps?

Code: [Select]
action Die
{
  force(1) AnimAllBody
  {
    anim "combat_death"
    hold 1
    blend 0.1
    align false
    looping false
    change AlreadyTurning to False
    change CurrentMotion to Idle
    change Attacking to None
  } 
}

This I found somewhere :)

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 13, 06:29:21 AM »

the SRB was added after the animation was done , but your right it has got a left right twitch on the floor that im also trying to iron out , im guessing thats just removing the vertical rotation , have fixed this on a later version

i will get that looping false added to the aas and see if it stops the guy standing up
« Last Edit: May 30, 13, 06:37:50 AM by WorldWideZ »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 13, 10:34:34 AM »

So my coder has confirmed we have a looping false set on the death animation , and those frames are at the end of the file , so its not just unlooped i want, but .01 seconds less of the animation or a animation export that doesnt include these frames