HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Issue with removing a xml file/prototype  (Read 2085 times)

Kizzim

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Issue with removing a xml file/prototype
« on: Jun 04, 13, 11:03:02 AM »

I will attempt to explain my thought process, im pretty new to using the heroblade system and just now trying to get back into some dev work:

I create a xml file for a GUI element within the script editor, prototyping code in the script editor. I hit compile and submit, normally at this point the prototype for the XML should be created within the system and it is available in the gui organizational tab and works.

I noticed I could not call up the xml the prototype did not exist. I found it in the GUI list and tried to pull up the XML for manual editing within the system and the system reported 'no prototype found'.

Ok weird, normally the system if it did not find it would attempt to create, it did not. I figured not a big problem, ill remove the xml file through the editor and start over again. The editor lists the file as deleted, however, when i attempt to recreate the file it tells me I must merge that a newer version is available on the server.

The xml is still listed within the organizational list and removing it does nothing it just creates again. and if you attempt to work with it just gives the same error. The file exists within the repo, it is blank, deleting it through the repo does nothing as it is just regenerated. I cannot modify or recreate the file through the editor, nor recreate the prototype.

Anyone shed some light on what I am doing wrong? I apologize if I used incorrect terminology or I am incorrect in how certain things work.

I just want to be able to recreate this xml file and prototype it.

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with removing a xml file/prototype
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 13, 11:16:50 AM »

could you copy/paste the xml here?

Kizzim

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 13, 12:14:10 PM »

Code: [Select]

<createControlType inheritFrom='_window' class='PopUp' type='PopUp' description='' treePath='CleanEngine' name="PopUp" resizeable="NONE" toggleIPopUp="0">
  <position x="355" y="406"/>
  <size x="213" y="307"/>
  <minimumSize x="213" y="307"/>
  <anchor bottom="true" left="false" right="true"/>
  <set name="PopUp.resizeTop">
    <size x="213" y="7"/>
    <resize top="false"/>
  </set>
  <set name="PopUp.resizeTop.topLeft">
    <size x="7" y="7"/>
  </set>
  <set name="PopUp.resizeTop.topRight">
    <size x="7" y="7"/>
  </set>
  <set name="PopUp.resizeBottom">
    <size x="213" y="7"/>
    <resize bottom="false"/>
  </set>
  <set name="PopUp.resizeBottom.bottomLeft">
    <size x="7" y="7"/>
  </set>
  <set name="PopUp.resizeBottom.bottomRight">
    <size x="7" y="7"/>
  </set>
  <set name="PopUp.resizeLeft">
    <size x="7" y="293"/>
    <resize left="false"/>
  </set>
  <set name="PopUp.resizeRight">
    <size x="7" y="293"/>
    <resize right="false"/>
  </set>
  <set name="PopUp.titlebar">
    <size x="199" y="22"/>
  </set>
  <set name="PopUp.titlebar.borderBottom">
    <size x="199" y="7"/>
  </set>
  <set name='PopUp.titlebar.title' attribute='text' value="PopUp Test"/>
  <set name='PopUp.titlebar.closeButton' attribute='visible' value="false"/>
  <set name='PopUp.titlebar.closeButton' attribute='enabled' value="false"/>
  <set name='PopUp.titlebar.closeButton.buttonImage' attribute='visible' value="false"/>
  <set name='PopUp.titlebar.closeButton.buttonImage' attribute='enabled' value="false"/>
  <set name="PopUp.scrollable.clientarea">
    <_flowLayoutContainer name="_flowLayoutContainer" dockMode="FILL" HGap="3" VGap="3"/>
  </set>
</createControlType>

It is from a tutorial someone had in the forums.

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 13, 12:40:06 PM »

No files are actually deleted, it's more of a hidden kinda thing.  You'll need to restore a previous version in the history to change/use it again.

As for the merge error, use P4merge

http://www.perforce.com/downloads/free/p4merge

Kizzim

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 13, 01:05:08 PM »

What would be the easiest way to restore to a previous version in the history? That way I make sure I do it properly in the future. Thank you for your assistance by the way.

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 13, 01:33:41 PM »

I had recently problems with GUI because i incorrectly defined the PopUp class as the "data" archetype instead of the "guicontrol" archetype.

Kizzim

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 13, 02:01:50 PM »

I had recently problems with GUI because i incorrectly defined the PopUp class as the "data" archetype instead of the "guicontrol" archetype.

I wish I could even check, if i try to pull up the prototype data it just says 'prototype does not exist'. Not sure how to pull that up besides to look at the xml file directly or pull it up from the organizer.

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 13, 02:28:04 PM »

You can bring up the Data Object Model (DOM) editor (under Heroscript menu) and inspect if you have a class Popup defined in client class definitions. But this is most likely not your problem. You probably have some more fundamental issue, like missing script or something.

Kizzim

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 04, 13, 04:00:19 PM »

How do I restore a deleted file if the files are not truly deleted but rather flagged not to show?

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 13, 04:28:43 PM »

There's a Show Deleted checkbox when you're opening a script.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 13, 08:05:31 PM »

Easiest way to restore an earlier version, under the windows tab click history. Panel on right opens, select the date/time you want to go back to - doubleclick. Using a free purge program from Microsoft, you can select which parts of the script to keep and which to update, or just copy the whole script and paste it into the newest version of the script.

If your inheritFrom='_window' has any conflicts with the class defintion and the added parent for your class, the result will be an undefined GUI. In this case, you need to remove 1 of those. Possibly check for where the conflict might be, and see if another gui definition would work better. Sometime best with just skipping adding it to both places - the xml script and the DOM parent.