HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: skeletal corruption  (Read 6673 times)

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
skeletal corruption
« on: Jun 06, 13, 12:57:37 AM »

just wondered if any one else has had issues like the one in the picture - after being left to sit idle for more than 3 mins our character seems to suffer skeletal corruption - it distorts and stretches the mesh off under the height map in a pretty ugly way.

in addition to the whole body channel we have a upper and lower body channel , and it appears the corruption only occurs in the upper channel , and normally comes about when the upper body has a animation in its channel as well as the idle playing on the whole body channel.

causing the stance to change or anything that causes the whole body channel to take precedence over the upper body fixes the issue , and we could probably come up with a scripted way to reduce the chance of it occurring , but im interested why it might be happening   

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: skeletal corruption
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 13, 01:47:08 AM »

still getting these errors every 3 hours or so , any ideas? by changing various animations (for example walk forwards although it why it would affect the idle im at a loss to explain) i can get slightly different versions or the error , but it still always errors

has no one experienced anything like this with a static character? we have tried changing the way we use track masks and run round every possible export setting with the root bone , but i suspect that as it can run fine for 3 hours before corrupting often , that its nothing to do with the export from max

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 13, 02:47:10 AM »

got a new error in this vein , although its now the RightArm channel instead of the UpperBody channel , this occurred after 30 mins of inactivity (included the reference shot from when i left the client to idle)

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 13, 12:50:28 PM »

Well... that is certainly interesting.  As of yet I have not been able to reproduce this behavior at all.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 13, 03:17:25 PM »

would you like a copy of the character to test with?

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 13, 10:32:51 AM »

When the "corruption" happens, does it throw any errors in the console?

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 13, 12:50:59 PM »

no errors at all im afraid

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 13, 01:22:39 PM »

Then yes, I may need to take a look at the character.

Are you using any multiplex animation sequences?  In the animation panel do you see anything strange with the animation inputs when the corruption occurs?

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 13, 02:40:49 PM »

i am now monitoring animation panel to see if anything strange happens , although it appears to be greyed out (we normally stick to using the console)

we have some multiplex animations , however none are playing during the corruption , and as a test we tried introducing a multiplex into the idle , but the issue did not resolve.

the only thing that seems consistent is the fact that its a channel mask that seems to go wrong - the first post is our UpperBody channel corrupting , the second set is the channel RightArm.

edit : the animation panel remains unchanged during the error
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 13, 02:47:38 PM by WorldWideZ »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 13, 03:02:25 PM »

The panel is greyed out? Do you have the character selected?  Try selecting the character, clicking the "lock selection" box in the animation panel and then you should be able to see all the inputs and such. 

Hmm. interesting. It seemed possible that a multiplex might eventually try to play an animation that doesn't work properly, resulting in the "corrupted" behavior.  I guess not. 

PM me with the world name and cluster, I'm going to jump in and take a look.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 13, 10:10:45 AM »

I followed your character creation instructions, Dave, but was unable to create a player character that has one of your character specs instead of the default HJ character.

Instead I spawned an npc of the ral_char02 spec.  Leaving that four several hours and then overnight produced no corruption in the animation channels. 

From what I can see of the character, it appears to be set up just fine, the channels all appear to be properly functional.  Since I have never seen this behavior before it seems likely that the corruption may be associated with some of the custom scripting you've done for the characters, but it isn't certain.

Another question, does the "corruption" happen suddenly or gradually?

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 13, 10:27:50 AM »

it happens suddenly

and your right i always forget there is a code call to change the character over

/RAL_SvrCmd RAL_ChangeCharacter02

maybe its the interaction with the gun model that causes the issue , its the only difference between the the npc and the makeshift player character we are using , its held using a behave hold command i think much like the axe

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 13, 11:36:36 AM »

for a change i had managed to leave the client in character mode , and recorded this video , demonstrating the glitch goes a bit deeper than i thought , once you start playing the walk animations there is major distortions. once jump key is pressed the animation resets , and its fine for a while once more.

http://youtu.be/C291tCeuSLQ

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 18, 13, 02:13:00 PM »

That implies that its an issue with the animations, the sequence files, the AAS, or all three.  Otherwise there doesn't seem to be a particular reason that jumping would reset the issue. Hmmmmmmm.

It would be very helpful to have the character locked as the selection, so that the skeleton overlay would be visible, as well as the animation inputs in the animation channel.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #14 on: Jun 18, 13, 03:21:09 PM »

here we have the animation input panel , and a video featuring the skeleton

http://youtu.be/JJsrjwCxkiE
Pages: [1] 2