HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Swim Animation  (Read 2209 times)

ShaolinNinja

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Swim Animation
« on: Jun 13, 13, 03:07:07 PM »

Has anyone noticed the swim animation has been very "jumpy"? Whenever I try and swim and touch the bottom it shoots my character back up (I am using the default character). This is very annoying for shallow water or sloped terrain in water. Am I missing something?

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Swim Animation
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 13, 03:51:24 PM »

When you implement your own custom character and controller it won't happen. That character is simply an example character pulled from Heroes Journey and put in as a placeholder.

ShaolinNinja

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 13, 09:05:22 PM »

What is it about that character that makes that happen? I want to be able to avoid it for when I make my own.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 13, 03:10:50 AM »

We have created new characters, and we do not have that issue :)

You should know that these characters were from 2004-ish roughly, and the engine went through some updates.

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 13, 03:20:21 PM »

Shaolin yes, and it's a recent glitch I tried reporting in a different thread. It just started with the last update.

When swimming down and the camera collides with the water surface the player stops making any downward progress no matter how deep the water is.

If you are in the water with the camera below water line, seems ok, but if the camera itself is perpendicular with the water surface the issue happens. Noting you still can't swim down any farther than the distance the camera is away from the player.

[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 13, 03:41:52 PM »

That sounds like a different issue than what Shaolin was talking about. And a very specific issue at that. Hmmmm....

There does seem to be some weirdness there that didn't exist before yes.  I'll look into in further.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 13, 03:47:50 PM by HE-BENNETT »