HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] HeroCloud import character and account data  (Read 2014 times)

zarmin

• World Owners
    • View Profile
[Resolved] HeroCloud import character and account data
« on: Jun 17, 13, 03:55:08 AM »

Hello!

I'd like to import account and character data from an external source (migrating players from an other game). I'm looking for a solution for that bulk import, for example:
  • Sometype of external API, that I can use to call the proper functions to create the accounts.
  • A file can describe the character data.
  • Any other solution?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 13, 04:07:44 PM by HE-Cooper »

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: HeroCloud import character and account data
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 13, 06:25:33 AM »

If I remember, I think someone wrote up some scripts that might help with importing characters.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 13, 09:21:49 AM »

You would use the HeroEngine extension interface most likely, to create a data import pipeline.

zarmin

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 13, 09:40:53 AM »

I've found the HSEI wiki article, and the demo application. With that, i've created a client-side DLL that can read a file's contents and send it to the server. My first problem's solved.

But my furthers problems are, how i can create an account, and set its email address and password (password can be omitted if i can set the email address and the player will use the forgotten password option).  After that I can create a player and set it's attributes, but i cannot assign it to an accont.

I've found the $ACCOUNT._CreateAccountRootNode( accountName ) and   $WORLD._systemArea_addPlayer(...) functions. And if I create an account with _CreateAccountRootNode function, how i can set it's email address and/or password?

Thanks!

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 13, 05:49:29 PM »

You use our account system, so accounts are created via heroenginegames.com for publicly available games, or via account.heroengine.com for games in development.

zarmin

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 13, 08:28:17 AM »

My real problem is, I want migrate some player from an other MMORPG game (developed by us/me), and I need to migrate the users account and player data.

The game is in the development stage, but I need to start developing the migration script, and I need solutions for creating player accounts (username/email at least, password can be regenerated) from an external script.

I can load data from text files on the client side (with a DLL extension) and send it's contents to the server, and creating players, setting its attributes, giving the items to them, but I cant create the accounts for them.

Thanks!

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 13, 08:17:07 PM »

I am not sure accounts can be carried over to a new game. They each might have to recreate them on the new game, and then you might be able to add in their characters and data.

zarmin

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 13, 09:03:22 AM »

Reading data from a client side txt file, and creating players and giving items to them by the file's contents, its not a problem, we've implemented it yet.

But i've found out I cant create pure player characters (no developers) in the development stage. So I think we can import the accounts later, and assigning the characters to them.