HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] In Repository Browser, when I click on ScriptData, it locks  (Read 1960 times)

WolfDreamer

• General Accounts
  • Please work out this time. So many other engines..
    • View Profile
    • Be wary of giant raccoons.  May the penguins save us all.

I can click on other folders, seeing their content, without any problems at all.

But when I click on ScriptData for the reference library, it freezes up.

Patiently waiting for some time now, and nothing.  I even closed the repository browser, and loaded it again, and same problem now.

Doesn't seem to be any internet activity.

Is there something wrong?  Can anyone else access it right now?

---edit--
Tried again.  09:24:55 AM  now.
Wait, it seems to just be going VERY VERY slowly.  Even worse than usual.  I ignore it for 15 minutes, and I can at least see what's in that directory.  I click on the + symbol to see all the subfolders, and it locks up again, no telling how long that'll take.

Whenever I log onto the reference world in the repository browser, I sometimes see one other person there, and usually 0.  So why does it do this?  Makes looking up example information rather difficult.

10:17 AM now.  53 minutes and it still didn't load.  Hope this is just temporary.

If anyone reads this, please try it yourself, and see if its working or not working for everyone else.
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 12, 09:45:35 PM by HE-Cooper »
The last sane human being in a world gone mad.

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine

There's no reason to go in that folder, and the slowness is due purely to the massive number of files in that directory

You can't read those script files because scripts are stored in tokenized byte form

Cheers

herb marselas
graphics guy

WolfDreamer

• General Accounts
  • Please work out this time. So many other engines..
    • View Profile
    • Be wary of giant raccoons.  May the penguins save us all.

I just now went and closed it.  My modem showed no internet activity at all.  So it wasn't just going slow, and it stopped altogether.

And yeah, I forgot.  Can't see the scripts unless you go through the script editor.  Doh!  Never mind then, not important.
The last sane human being in a world gone mad.