HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Dynamic Detail Bug  (Read 974 times)

A_White_Guy

• World Owners
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Dynamic Detail Bug
« on: Jul 15, 13, 10:36:34 PM »

Hi, There is a bug with the dynamic details currently that is hard to explain. It Also only happens with a transparency value higher than 0. It seems that when you do adjust the transparency to anything higher than 0, the individual detail itself renders correctly But it is like part of whatever renders dynamic details didn't get the message and still thinks the detail is at 0 transparency. This gives a silhouette to the edges of the detail where nothing shows except for the terrain itself. This is annoying no matter what way you look at it, but especially when details are in front of water. here is an example:

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 13, 07:09:46 PM by HE-Cooper »

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: Dynamic Detail Bug
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 13, 06:57:34 AM »

I have seen this in a few games, no matter which engine they seem to use or make. I believe it has to do with the blending of the pixels into a color that matches the surrounding pxiels. Sharp images are not that easy to make, with blending.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 13, 10:17:45 AM »

I'm not sure I understand, but are you sure it isn't just the alpha masking? Does it look like the pictures outlined on the dynamic detail page showing the extremes of alpha on dynamic detail? If you look up the difference between an alpha test and an alpha blend, does that explain what you're seeing?

A_White_Guy

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 13, 12:51:08 AM »

I think i was just creating the alpha map to quickly and carelessly, i looked at the alpha maps of example some example dynamic details and i can see where i might have gone wrong. Alternatively, it also possibly might work if i just adjusted the alpha to how i want it before exporting, and set the transparency to 0 inside of heroeblade.