HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: seamless areas not working  (Read 2661 times)

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
seamless areas not working
« on: Jul 13, 13, 02:57:10 PM »

when i enter any area , none of the seamless links are loading. any one else experiencing anything like this? its been a bit dodgy over last 2 days but today its really bad and switching area does not fix it

no new errors or anything , unless its something cumulative that i am not seeing, or load issues
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 13, 02:38:52 AM by WorldWideZ »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: seamless areas not working
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 13, 02:41:03 AM »

This problem is still on going , i have tried changing the navmesh variables in case that had set it off , but no matter what i do the seamless links will not load , even removing them and re adding them makes no difference at the moment

newly created areas work fine , just my production areas refusing to work
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 13, 02:53:14 AM by WorldWideZ »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 13, 03:19:56 AM »

futher poking around has revealed something to me - after i load into my production area im left with a lot of outstanding repository requests , all of which seem to be related to the meshes that had material overrides on them , that where then reset when i re exported the models with out the occluder flag set to true.

any way of fixing this ?

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 13, 01:26:50 PM »

spent all day working on this , i definitely have orphaned materials , no idea how to delete them though

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 13, 02:56:42 PM »

I don't know what an orphaned material is with regards to the engine. If you have a broken model, or a model with missing or incorrect materials, you can update the model via the repo, or via the properties panel, or you can identify which assets are in the area via the assets panel, and then select them from there.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 13, 03:10:49 PM »

steps to reproduce

1) load an asset , override its material instance in the properties panel (then copy it 100 times)
2) re export the asset with some different settings (ie changing the occluder flag , changing the name of the material slightly) from max and upload to the repository
3) discover the meshes that had overrides on them are now reverted to their default (already opened a thread about that behavior)
4) discover the materials overrides are still trying to function by calling the texture from the repo but failing at this point , and this prevents seamless loading

the assets dont exsist to delete them as far as i know as they have been replaced hence they seem to be orphaned

have included a shot of the outstanding repo requests that are causing the area not to link - that texture is present at that location (im using it for the new overrides)
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 13, 03:18:50 PM by WorldWideZ »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #6 on: Jul 14, 13, 03:56:00 PM »

after a random client crash (proper just vanished no bug reports or windows trying to help out , just on the screen one second then gone) its all fixed

hope you did something cooper? otherwise im very confused as to why it works now !

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 14, 13, 05:55:39 PM »

Nope. I'm on an airplane. Sounds like your local was just confused or out of sync.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 13, 06:12:49 PM »

very odd - i tried different accounts / characters / computers / even reinstalling the whole client , 24 + hours of confusion :S still at least it works now :D

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 13, 03:30:21 AM »

Turns out this is still a problem for me , its working like a memory leak i think , the area server with these material overides that dont have a home often refuses to load when you enter a adjoining area , the longer the servers up (and im guessing more attempts to load it) the worse the issue gets.

is there any way of flushing the material overrides in a area?