HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: New start - How to "delete" all created things.  (Read 2563 times)

Acidcrew

• World Owners
    • View Profile
New start - How to "delete" all created things.
« on: Aug 03, 13, 04:01:53 AM »

Hello everyone!

This may be a question with a very easy answer, but i just started wandering around trying a bit of this and that. Concidering i want to redo a few simple scrips to get the hang of it it would be nice if i could make a fresh start after every try-out. Is it possible to "delete" all changes or to "simply" start fresh?

All help is appriciated!

Kind regards,

Darren

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: New start - How to "delete" all created things.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 13, 05:14:30 AM »

Its near impossible to delete anything from your blade, mainly to prevent anyone on your team from screwing up

it is possible to revert a script to a earlier version number (i believe this is done with P4merge but i havent had to use it yet)

Acidcrew

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 13, 05:51:53 AM »

Thank you for your quick reply, was searching and digging a bit in the mean while. But haven't come up with any clue. Should of been a nice function though, considering i am alone and learning/doing this purly for a hobby.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 13, 06:09:39 AM »

if everything goes wrong and you really need everything undone you can get the devs to reset everything , however this would likely be "a one off" thing as they are busy people already. I would advise against it though , its best to develop this engine with little tweaks at first , not huge sweeping replacements. Keep a change log , and comment your scripts well and you should never need to revert them.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 13, 06:19:50 AM »

I can remember vaguely that they were going to do that in the future, though for a substantial fee :)

So it's always better to document, keep track of changes, and figure it out yourself (With which you learn more).

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 13, 11:01:18 AM »

best suggestion

Make a learningWorld folder put all your test areas in it.

For scripts put Learn_<script name>
if you want to make a change to a E or he script should be making a copy of it anyways, just incase.

Do the same for fields, enums, etc.

Then if you want you can remove all Learn_scripts from the game if you need to later on. Or replace them bit by bit.

It's usually what I do, make a Learn_ work out all the stuff I don't know, then make a clean version with my games name prefex.

Then you know learns are jsut practice, and your game name ones are the real go live stuff.

The areas you can pretend to delete from organizer / repository if you wish, but they will still be there. When you go to migrate to your live game server you can get some clean up done so don't worry about that piece.
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

Acidcrew

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 13, 12:28:15 PM »

That is a simple but effective way! Keeperofstars you have my gratitude! (and the rest ofcourse aswell!!!)

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 13, 01:34:31 PM »

I wrote here about how to use p4merge with the Script Editor:
https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,3560.msg19492.html#msg19492
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.