HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Dark Relic Prelude  (Read 5003 times)

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Triad Game Studios, LLC.
Dark Relic Prelude
« on: Aug 05, 13, 08:42:35 PM »

We would like to take this time to lightly introduce our game, Dark Relic: Prelude, a MMORPG that is loosely based on a D&D Campaign titled, “The 6th Aspect”. Prelude is just the beginning of the Dark Relic Series that our studio will be developing. Our team is comprised with leading talent from all aspects of multimedia to bring you a unique experience that blends the classic RPG tabletop with today's MMO's.

Prelude takes place in the world of Neithus, where the mysteries of magic & evil have surfaced from the Relics of Majice created by the Demi-Gods during the peace era. These Relics have influenced fear back into the minds of each of the five Regents in Neithus and driven them back to war with each other to obtain the power foretold by the Legend of Relics.

As with every MMORPG, we will feature all of the basic mechanics with a high level structure to each element. These systems include but are not limited to; Skill Trees, Crafting, Gathering, Mounts, Achievements and other unique and well known features.  As development continues we will release more details of these elements.
Beginning your journey in Neithus you are a general adventurer. You do not select your class or profession in the character creator, but instead in game; interacting with other players and NPC's. This is your apprenticeship. You will be able to experiment with skills at respective class guilds before choosing a class path to follow. Once you have selected your class, you will continue your training though various methods before being adopted into the guild with your own, newly chosen profession through play and experience. 

Level progression is at your pace and combines both skills and abilities for you to use, experiment and improve upon as you take your journey through the world of Neithus in Dark Relic. Sticking to the classic style of the RPG, yet blending the experience with today's modern MMO, we have expanded your skills to allow customization to your skill tree.

Dark Relic: Prelude combines character leveling with increasing skills and abilities to provide players with more character depth. Sticking to the classic style of the RPG, yet blending the experience with today's modern MMO, players will also be able to play at their own pace without being forced to maximize their character before they can truly enjoy the game. You choose the path you want for your class that fits your play style, not the game selecting it for you.

The Game Play Functionality is really our biggest focus, to give the player the ability to customize their game play experience in every detail possible. This will include mechanics that range from Customizable Housing & Guild Halls to the color dyes in their equipment to truly give that unique personalization for each player and guild. Each player will have the ability to customize their homes and/or Guild Halls with storage units, furniture, decorations and with a level of security permissions.

Guild Mechanics are a key feature within Dark Relic. We strive to provide the Guild Masters & Leaders with the ability to control every aspect possible for their Guild, allowing personalized customizations to permissions and settings. On top of that, we are redefining the purpose of having a Guild. No longer is the focus simply about individual level and end game progression, but instead will be on tasks and goals while delivering different avenues for Guilds of all sizes to partake in, also allowing multiple guilds to form formal alliances.

Triad Game Studios is an Indie company made up of a group of extremely talented personnel that have over 15 years experience in the game industry, with our main focus to deliver a fun, outstanding and polished MMORPG to the community. We are merging all of our past experiences with new techniques that give a truly unique gaming experience. With our combined experience and marketing strategies we will bring together the concepts of classic RPG with modern game play.

At this time we will be releasing information and content in stages. Please feel free to ask us any questions here and on our forums. If you are interested in joining our development team, please send your resumé to jobs@triadgames.com release

Thank you,
The TGS Team
© 2010-2013 Triad Game Studios, LLC.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: Dark Relic Prelude
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 13, 12:11:52 AM »

Finally, other people can see the things Sarrene has been showing me for months! An amazing game with great art, good optimizations, and a nice storyline in the back.

Shows what a small, but dedicated, team can do!! I am hungry for more!

OblivionMMO

• General Accounts
  • Hey all, How do I....
    • View Profile
    • Oblivion Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 13, 04:05:07 AM »

In my myriad of years in the game development world, there is no one I have come to respect and admire more, than Sarrene Grant.  I highly respect your product, and it looks fantastic.  The various thing you've shown me in the past six months are amazing, and this looks just as good.

Congratulations on your success, past, present and future Sarrene, and best wishes to Dark Relic from Oblivion Entertainment.

Your Friend,
Josh
Joshua Clay - Owner
Oblivion Entertainment
http://oblivionent.com

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 13, 01:16:39 PM »

Looking good!!!

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 13, 12:21:22 AM »

Thank you guys for the positive support. Though we still have a long ways to go, I am very happy to announce the game... finally! Along side of finishing our systems, also have been working on shaders, water, and other aspects of the graphics.

The next task will be the joy of getting in our own characters. Though most of the systems for the characters are done (ie: races, classes, etc- thanks to the hard work Rofar has done alone), we still need to figure out the dynamic characters and morphing.. and get it to work.

Hopefully we can post up some more updates real soon!

Peace,
Sarrene'

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 13, 05:11:46 PM »

ZOMG these are so old  :P. Great work Triad Games, can't wait to see more!

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 13, 12:19:42 PM »

Since no concept art is here, I figured I would post up one with one of the areas we have.

McMagic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Novus Inceptio
« Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 13, 01:04:18 PM »

It looks very good - I'm slowly thinking that this project is dead;)
But as you can see not so - which is good.

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 13, 13, 04:42:08 PM »

Why were you thinking this was a dead project? Just curious :)

McMagic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Novus Inceptio
« Reply #9 on: Aug 13, 13, 05:02:34 PM »

About a year ago or maybe even longer. I went through the forum and I found this topic.

https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,757.0.html

It is sometime in 2011. But then I did not see any information here on the forum about the project :) So I took him over time ranked among the dead projects (there are a lot of projects that ended before it began).

So I thought him dead because there were not current information.
So I was no incentive for the project more interesting and search the internet :)

It will be;)

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 13, 13, 05:08:12 PM »

Ah, I can understand that.
Well, we have all been working hard behind the scenes all this time.
It has not died. Plus, I am a wee bit too stubborn to let it die. Stadi said those were old because someone has had a couple sneak peeks over the last couple months.

Some sites and news links:
http://darkrelic.com/
https://www.facebook.com/DarkRelicOnline
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/05/dark-relic-wants-to-bring-back-classic-roleplaying/
http://www.indiedb.com/games/dark-relic

jcsmith562

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 13, 07:29:07 AM »

Looking good.

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 13, 08:14:09 PM »

We have made a post on MMORPG.com with a couple "featured" screenshots I thought I would share here.  (Yes I am ready for the flames! I have on my flame retardant suit!)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/393601/Dark-Relic-In-development.html