HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Checkin' in at long last...  (Read 1048 times)

AlienChrysalis

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Checkin' in at long last...
« on: Jan 18, 14, 04:28:33 PM »

Hello, my name is Dean I'm a 39 years young kid at heart living in Canada.

I acquired HE nearly a year ago as a part of researching for viable engines/frameworks I could use for future game projects and to prototype with while I continue learning what I've always had a passion for since I was a kid, making games that others could enjoy playing. Unfortunately then life required all my attention for a time so I had to leave my ideas waiting in the wings a while longer... but better late then never as they say!

My first foray into game creation was on a Texas Instrument TI-99 writing BASIC and saving them to cassette tapes, I spent a good portion of game playing in my teen doing table top, or rather floor in the case of BattleTech maps too big to fit on the kitchen table, some of the best games I ever ran as a GM were based in ShadowRun, there was just something about being able to be a fantasy character like a dwarf with a modern personality in a crazy futuristic world and a trunk full of guns that appealed to everyone!! ;)

I enjoy any kind of game that can engage me and hook me with something solid, story, mechanic... something... I do find that multi-player games are typically more fun in the long run because of the social interactions that come along with them, hence why I like being involved in MMO design and development. I've worked with a number of engines/frameworks in the past on a number of game projects some of which were MMO's so that helps in understanding most of the concepts and general processes I've seen in the documentation so far, but I will likely be spending a good period of time now learning the different parts, getting used to the pipeline/workflow that makes HE unique and getting a good grounding in as much as I can before getting to far into how I could implement some of my previously documented designs. From visiting a few of the posts and projects here though I get the feeling some of mine might run parallel to others so that's a good sign.

While I enjoy a good fantasy setting, I've been finding more of my interest leaning towards more Sci-Fi themes for years now and I should probably add that consider myself more an artist/scripter type then a real programmer. But necessity sometimes dictates if want to get things done suck it up and do what you have to. c'est la vie!

I will try to share my progress if I feel that I come up with anything interesting along the way.
Thanks for reading!
What can I say? I've always had a thing for machines. -Louis Nichols

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: Checkin' in at long last...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 14, 02:28:13 PM »

Welcome to the HeroEngine community.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios