HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Hello from the Scarlet Thread  (Read 2743 times)

ScarletThread

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Hello from the Scarlet Thread
« on: Aug 25, 13, 09:34:00 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Ken and I'm from Australia 8).  I go by Scarlet Thread which is the name of my little game dev group that I started with my brother.

I've been dabbling in game development for many years but in the last 3 years since I finished uni (Civil Engineering  :'() I've been doing it much more seriously and have used a bunch of engines. I don't like pigeon holing myself as a programmer or artist as I try to do all of them to an extent but I'm most skilled in programming. The only coding I've ever done has been for games and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a bit of a C++ fanatic so it will take me a while to get used to the Hero Script and how things work since its so different from other environments I've used before. However,  I think I can put aside my love for C++ for the greater good. (Though the fact that the engine is C++ in the background makes me happy ;))

Since my bro introduced me to my first MMO, when he was hired as a QA tester for one about 6 years ago, I've always wanted to make one. However, I've always suppressed that desire because I've always known it was just way too hard to do without a money growing tree. I attempted to make a lobby based fantasy PvP game about 2 years ago (I was just not ready for it back then) but even that was a real mission having to code pretty much everything from scratch so we decided to downscale all our projects to single player games. I plan to resurrect that project as an actual MMO instead of a matchmaking type game with Hero Engine.

I am very excited that Hero Engine makes it easier to make online games and so far I'm extremely impressed with it's capabilities and ease of use. Although I know it's tough, I'm still going to go for it and whether I finish or not I don't care. So long as I give it a go... aim for the moon and hopefully land among the stars... hopefully ;D.

Currently I'm working on a mobile game ( ewww... I know ) that will most likely be finished and released before Christmas. In that time I hope to also be done researching Hero Engine (i.e. learning its ways) and completing the design of the game I want to make. Then next year its full steam ahead! I'm designing the game at a full scale with playable iteration plans so that I can still have a huge, and most likely unrealistic, goal but still have playable iterations of that goal much sooner that are hopefully feasible.

I will be making that game that I attempted to create 2 years ago. It's called 'Elemental' but this time it will be as an actual MMO and not a lobby based Matchmaking PvP only game.

I look forward to good things here and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 13, 11:43:25 AM by ScarletThread »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: Hello from the Scarlet Thread
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 13, 09:48:00 AM »

Another one from the other community ;)

Welcome Scarlet!!

ScarletThread

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 13, 11:45:20 AM »

Another one from the other community ;)

Welcome Scarlet!!

Thanks  ;D. I was going to ask you which one but I figured it out :)

TGSRofar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 13, 06:53:03 PM »

Welcome to Hero Scarlet.

I liked what I saw of your work in the other community. Looking forward to see how your game comes to life here.
Ron Farrell
Lead Programmer
Triad Game Studios