HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] 2nd time log-in I '/henpc create <name>  (Read 2062 times)

Gassy_the_Goblin

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • joshpurple.com
[Resolved] 2nd time log-in I '/henpc create <name>
« on: Sep 23, 13, 04:08:43 PM »

Hi All,

Hero Engine has been great, my Thanks to all involved in creating it, working/helping with it, and supporting it  :) !

My newbie question/issue, and my apologies, I did search on this, but I'm guessing it's something very basic that I've missed / not found an answer to;

I've had success a number of times using the Hero Character Tools exporting out of 3ds Max 2013 64bit, creating a very basic, default character (less than 66 bones, simple mesh, no normal maps, etc.).  I've been able to log in, Enter an Area I've created (and after uploading the character into the Server Repository),
enter into the Chat Command window;

' /henpc add spec Timmy /Character/Timmy/'

then,

'/henpc create Timmy'

The character will appear in the Area (moving around on what I think is a default AI path), I'll be able to possess the character, the character scale is correct, the textures are displaying correctly, the 'Idle' animation is working correctly, -no additional animations have been added, static character, additional instances of the character appear in the Area when added,  -cool  8) .

I will log-out, then later log back in (maybe 6-8 hours) to the same Area, and enter the same Chat Commands.  The Console Window will show no result, no dia. window in the game area will appear to indicate that the character has been added, and there will be no appearance of the added character in the game area.  The character(s) that were added into the area earlier are still present in the game area. 

I will log-out / exit the Hero Engine, then log back in, -sometimes I will get the same no response / no results with the Console Window & Area, other times it will work, and the character will be added to the area.

I've tried to figure out what may cause the no response / character not being added to the area, and so far it seems to work when;

*I re-name / re-create the character (renaming all textures, maps, the mesh, etc.), use the Character Tools > Create Character Files, and upload the new character ( <--but, this does not always work.  Sometimes the new character does not get added, and I'll see no error messages / no responses in the Console window).

*If I delete all of the character files I've added in the Server Repository (leaving the character folder, but deleting the files in them, making the text turn red), then upload just one character (replacing the single character directory), restarting the Hero Engine, using the Chat Commands and adding the character (<-- again, as above, this does not always work).

Is this possibly due to lag?  Maybe the Server / Hero Engine is running slow, or going through an update / maintenance?

When I log-in > awaken world > enter area, sometimes it will load quickly, other times it will take much longer.  When it takes longer to log-in, the no response / character not getting added, seems to occur the most.

The last time I logged-in, the Console Window showed these errors;

15:38:12: !ERROR!System:Rigid meshes not supported!  Asset: ears.gr2, Mesh: ears
15:38:12: !ERROR!System:Rigid meshes not supported!  Asset: hairbase_mop.gr2, Mesh: hairbase_mop

I see "ears.gr," in the Server Repository HE > Character > Dynamic_2 > human > Female.
And "hairbase_mop.gr2" I see in the Server Repository HE > Character > Dynamic_2 > human > shared geometry > hair.

I have not done anything with those directories, but I have added other static characters in the HE > Character directory ('Male,' 'NPC,' 'Sam,' etc. ).

My thanks to anyone in advance on help with this issue, I sincerely appreciate it  :) .

-Josh Purple

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 13, 07:34:30 PM by HE-Cooper »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed

the error about the missing meshes is a common bug on the sample char , we had it too when we started

not sure why your npc wouldnt appear , it might be compressed into the floor pending a path to be received , have you tried using the hotspot utility menu on f5 ? the character spec registry is in the tool tab , it has a create npc button that runs that command too , and can at least confirm you character is available to create

Gassy_the_Goblin

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • joshpurple.com

Excellent, Thank You WorldWideZ :) !

I see the 'Rebuild HotSpot Interface' in the Utilities Interface (under the Commands tab), and the 'Create NPC' in the Character Specific Registration dia. box (under, Tools > Character Specification Registry).

Great tips, I appreciate it.

I tried the 'Create NPC' on the character that did work / add to my area before, but selecting on the character (that is showing in the list of characters in the Character Specification Registration) and then selecting on the 'Create NPC' was unresponsive, no messages from the Console Window,  <--I'm pretty sure I need to restart the Hero Engine.  I'll try that again after I restart.

The other default characters in the Character Specification Registration, did appear and worked great :) .

The default 'Character_Sample' worked, but threw a ton of error messages in the Console Window, which I'm sure is my fault, as I downloaded the 'Character_Sample,' and then uploaded it again to the Server Repository to replace the Character_Sample.

Is there a way to reset the Server Repository?  Putting it back to it's default files and directory configuration?

Thanks again WorldWideZ, I sincerely appreciate your time and help  :D !

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed

its almost impossible to permanently delete something from your repository , and if you want to revert a file o a previous version right click and  then view history. you can then select the version you want to revert to

Gassy_the_Goblin

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • joshpurple.com

Great!  Thank You WorldWideZ :) !

Gassy_the_Goblin

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • joshpurple.com

Restarted the Hero Engine > entered my area, and there were about 10 versions of my character wandering about  (obviously I clicked the 'Create NPC' button more than once :D ).

Again, I appreciate your time and help WorldWideZ :) !

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed

no problem :D

HE-Cooper

• View Profile

I suspect the differing results may be you in game mode versus edit mode.

Gassy_the_Goblin

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • joshpurple.com

I suspect the differing results may be you in game mode versus edit mode.
Thank You HE-Cooper, no disagreement there  :D

Not only are the characters showing-up correctly now, but it is also such a GREAT feeling to see the animations working !