HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Dev with Plan Z studios  (Read 2647 times)

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
Dev with Plan Z studios
« on: Sep 28, 13, 01:11:21 AM »

I was hoping to add my intro once our Group was posted, but not sure how long that might be.

Hello all, I am an old programmer of 50. That is I used to work on video games back in the 1980s - 1990s. I started in high school with basic (unused these days), then went to college part time to learn a few others like fortran (unused), cobol (unused), pascal (unused), assembly, C++, C# (unused). I worked with an indie group in a basement making games. I did the art conversion for 1 arcade game to a Nintendo game - assembly 6502. I worked on Golden Axe, converting the art from sega to PC, and added the story - assembly 8086. I helped program a children's game, making 4 of the gaming sections - assembly 80286. I also worked on a few games in assembly just for learning.

During the time I was going to college, I also had to help out at home with paying the bills, so I was working different jobs.

A few years ago, I went back to college to get a degree in computers. Most of the classes would not transfer as they were considered too old, so I had to mostly start over. I grabbed a video game degree from Devry in "games and simulation programming" with an easy 4.0 GPA. They made it easy when they put it online. We made some games for class, but nothing too fancy. I had made my own small engine in C++ and used it for 1 of the class games I made. We did a few in Unity also for other classes with a group.

I have not had any MMO programming experience, no client server experience, and no HSL experience before this game, so that is all new to me. Considering the time I started programming to current, I have about 33 years (on and off). I have always liked playing the superhero type games, so that is the type of team I joined. We are a volunteer group without pay, and that is all I am working on currently.
Lead scripter for EO, Repop helper.
HSL Video tutorials:
https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1719.msg36858.html#msg3685

TheRabid

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Dev with Plan Z studios
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 13, 09:37:36 PM »

I would just like to personally thank you for putting up all of those tutorials in the dev section.

Seriously, it's heavily appreciated and has helped guide some of my system designs.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 13, 10:28:42 PM »

Thanks.
I like helping others, though I am not a very social type person.
Lead scripter for EO, Repop helper.
HSL Video tutorials:
https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1719.msg36858.html#msg3685

TheRabid

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 13, 04:17:14 PM »

I think that you would find that you have described most people here with that sentence  ;D