HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: GrannyLoadSettings error  (Read 2343 times)

celtics2022

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
GrannyLoadSettings error
« on: Nov 13, 13, 09:31:23 PM »

I'm trying to export a mesh from maya 2013 using the export UI. I've tried with various meshes and with and without the hero shader with diffuse and normal textures.

The error I have in the image traces back to this function, specifically GrannyLoadSettings $GesPath. It gives me an error and says its unable to load settings.

I check what the $GesPath is and it says its "C:/HeroEngine/ArtDepot/HeroEngineArtPipeline;/staticasset.ges//"

So, I hard coded it to be "C:/HeroEngine/ArtDepot/HeroEngineArtPipeline/staticasset.ges/";

It gives the same error. This command GrannyLoadSettings is from the maya2013_amd64_Release plugin that has no source code available for me to see why this is happening. Searching GrannyLoadSettings on this forum returns no results.

? ? ? ? ? ?

Code: [Select]
global proc HE_SetForStaticAsset ()
{
global string $GesPath;
HE_LoadGES();
$GesPath = $GesPath + "/staticasset.ges";
print "$GesPath = ";
print $GesPath;

GrannyLoadSettings $GesPath; //////////ERROR HERE
print ("loaded  staticasset.ges\n");

GrannySetValue "Allow vertex colors" 1 "global" "meshes";
GrannySetValue "Colors per vertex" 1 "global" "meshes";
GrannySetValue "Insert dummy colors if missing" 0 "global" "meshes";
}

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: GrannyLoadSettings error
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 13, 09:36:58 AM »

Moving this topic to the appropriate art forum.

That semicolon appearing in the path suggests to me that the pipeline paths are not setup correctly.  Is the settings file actually located at C:/HeroEngine/ArtDepot/HeroEngineArtPipeline/staticasset.ges/ ?  If it is, then something more interesting is going on.

celtics2022

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: GrannyLoadSettings error
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 13, 10:30:36 AM »

Good news I found the problem -  the problem was that it couldnt be "C:/HeroEngine/ArtDepot/HeroEngineArtPipeline/staticasset.ges/" but had to be "C:/HeroEngine/ArtDepot/HeroEngineArtPipeline/staticasset.ges"
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 13, 10:44:20 AM by celtics2022 »