HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Another Feature Requests Thread :-)  (Read 2296 times)

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
Another Feature Requests Thread :-)
« on: Nov 05, 13, 05:57:19 PM »

Suggestion.
My suggestion is not really part of "how to get social" but more along the lines of "how to keep them coming". When people find it easier to make a game using the Hero system, they tell others and the word spreads. I know you have alot in place for the base system with the character moving around and how the monkeytoks make it seem like the world is almost ready and the devs just need to add a little more.

I believe adding some more base systems to go in the E_scripts will help sell the idea to use the Hero engine over another. Nothing to fancy or complex, just something simpe and basic for some systems. A way to add in or comment out these systems as the devs need. Adding in a chat system, an options system, a character selection system, and a character creation system.

Yes, I know many games might not use these, but if there were different types in place for the devs to choose between, it would help make it easier for them to develop the game. Then more games would be finished faster, and the 30% from each game income would kick in faster.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 13, 06:22:58 PM by HE-Cooper »
Lead scripter for EO, Repop helper.
HSL Video tutorials:
https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1719.msg36858.html#msg3685

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
Re: This Will Take Some Refinement, But Here Goes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 13, 08:33:36 PM »

I agree having more foundation style systems in place might be helpful. However they have a bunch of them there.

Full chat system which is super robust, a social system (needs cleaned up but not to bad), an inventory system, player creation system that is pretty easy to customize as is, player options are there and simple to do.

Where I think it would be better focused is getting the art pipeline cleaned up. easier to import assets, stream lined or gui driven animation scripting, easier facegen coding, world coordinate uv system, etc is better place to focus.

Now one thing I would like to see is the ability to package up scripts in an export to package and import from package option. That way we as devs could say, here is my full chat system that looks and acts like this, if you want it here you go. click import code package and poof good to go. Instead of trying to make up tutorials etc, and have people try and work though them. So kind of a modular code option. I think that would pay off more in the long run, than the devs building tons of template systems that work for very few games.

[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 13, 09:27:12 PM »

Where I think it would be better focused is getting the art pipeline cleaned up. easier to import assets, stream lined or gui driven animation scripting, easier facegen coding, world coordinate uv system, etc is better place to focus.

These are definitely all things that could do with being a little easier to work with.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 13, 01:16:17 PM »

Now one thing I would like to see is the ability to package up scripts in an export to package and import from package option. That way we as devs could say, here is my full chat system that looks and acts like this, if you want it here you go. click import code package and poof good to go. Instead of trying to make up tutorials etc, and have people try and work though them. So kind of a modular code option.

Yes, I agree :). (That is what I was thinking , but did not word it correctly.)
HSL Video tutorials:
https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1719.msg36858.html#msg3685

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 13, 03:44:20 PM »

If this is a wishlist thread, let me throw something in.
A version control which behaves more like git, and some nice code review tool that looks like gerrit for example.
That way i would be more comfortable with adding new indie developers to my project (by those i mean developers who don't get paid).
In current mode, i can't really trust anyone but myself to touch my code.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 13, 04:18:19 PM by AWW_boss »

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 13, 04:15:52 PM »

And DOM should be version controlled as well. No idea why it's not, but there prolly is some good reason.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 13, 05:19:48 PM »

And DOM should be version controlled as well.
Yes, a safety feature to help devs new to hero engine. Ease of use is always a good way to show how we care.
HSL Video tutorials: