HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Issue clicking left side of some windows  (Read 1444 times)

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Issue clicking left side of some windows
« on: Nov 21, 13, 02:39:30 PM »

Having an issue with a few pop-ups and windows where I can't fully utilize the entire window.

For instance, in GUI Editor, when deleting a control, I can't click Yes, nor click the left side of the titlebar to move the window.  I can click Cancel though since it's on the right.

Another one is in the Spec Header Editor.  I can't use the checkmarks to the left.

It's not every window, just a few of them where roughly the left 40% doesn't have any mouse events whatsoever.  No hover, no click, etc.  The resize works though.
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 13, 10:37:09 AM by Chromehound »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Issue clicking left side of some windows
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 13, 02:45:28 PM »

Sounds like an MS Windows scaling thing. It's possible that UI modifications in your world could cause that, but I'd investigate disabling MS Windows scaling and see if that has any affect.

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 13, 03:33:34 PM »

Is that an option for XP?  I know I can change dpi scaling, but this work pc just has WinXP.  I have 7 at home so can try disabling there.....unsure if I even have the issue there, but others on the team with Win7 have told me they have the same problem.

Apparently issue been around a bit, it's just the first time I've had trouble with it myself and havn't seen anyone else mention it.  First time I've used GUI Editor in months.

Thanks for the reply Coop.

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 13, 10:36:49 AM »

Found the culprit.  Some sneaky devil made changes to the _CleanEngineBaseWindow.xml

Consider this closed ;)