HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Ominous  (Read 4548 times)

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Ominous
« on: Dec 10, 13, 01:06:52 PM »

Hey everyone !

Ominous is a stylized MMORPG in an alternative time, with cute concept proportions but a tough appearance.
We are looking for a talented HSL scripter to join our current scripters Branden Snowberger and Charles Spivey to help us finish a working demo within a month and forwards to a full game !

We are a group of 12, mostly artists, all working together to bring our awesome MMORPG concept into life.
We are industry professionals who specialize in TV series, commercials and feature films and most of us haven't done assets for a full scale computer game even though it has been a dream of ours since always, so we grouped together to the creation of this game.

Our goal is to create a working demo up and running, we already have many of the assets ready and a team that is able to happily produce practically anything.
Soon we'll put a site up and publish the game on various social websites at the aim of getting a basic fan base. Eventually we plan to put the game on Kickstarter but our goals are modest and we all believe the road to getting there is what's important.

Some of the gameplay pictures:

Some of the concept art and models:

The story and demo quest are still hidden from the public and we'll happily share our vision with an upcoming team member.
So if you're interested and find the screenshots appealing please don't hesitate to reply here or send me an E-Mail to: adar(at)adarart.com

Thanks a lot !
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 14, 07:45:52 PM by gaarzen »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Ominous
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 13, 01:52:18 PM »

Love the characters and vehicles. Really unique style there, especially for the online space.

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 13, 02:34:49 PM »

Love the characters and vehicles. Really unique style there, especially for the online space.
Thanks, Cooper. That means a lot :)

ToddWorld

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 13, 09:19:00 AM »

Love the style! Well done.

Todd

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 13, 04:40:12 PM »

Love the style! Well done.

Todd
Thanks, Todd :D

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 13, 06:03:01 PM »

This came out of the blue hehe. Looking like it could fill an interesting niche on art alone.

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 13, 06:14:10 PM »

This came out of the blue hehe. Looking like it could fill an interesting niche on art alone.
Been bugging forum members for quite some time now ;) And thanks !

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 14, 07:31:30 PM »

Updated Pics :D

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 14, 01:36:57 PM »

I like the cut of your jib, sir.  Those are excellent!  I'd love to play with the rigging that spider bot, it has a lot of potential for some really fun animation :D

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 14, 04:51:30 PM »

I like the cut of your jib, sir.  Those are excellent!  I'd love to play with the rigging that spider bot, it has a lot of potential for some really fun animation :D

Thanks a lot, Bennett ! I really appreciate it.
The spider isn't rigged yet but the animators are aching to work on it ! :D

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 16, 08:07:07 AM »

Any updates for us :)

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 16, 08:10:12 AM »

I like the sound of this game. Do you guys have a website or facebook?

Farina

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 16, 08:41:04 AM »

http://www.adarart.com/ominous-mmorpg-project/
[url]http://www.adarart.com/ominous-mmorpg-project//url]

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 16, 01:44:32 PM »

If you guys want, you should join up with the skype group chat for live developer support.

skype:?chat&blob=hFN1FQl2I8J_GBOvAs40nQt-jDOO6qpi8WtKbcbk4YNFb48ONKfzN-7OvtupqE4qjBQHLRhpgEokrRGBdJQ

Or PM me on here and i can add you on skype.

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 16, 01:36:14 AM »

Any updates for us :)

Hey Prometheus,
unfortunately not really. Me and my team moved to Vancouver 3 years ago and are currently working in the local industry.
We are very excited about Ominous and we will surely resume working on it as soon as we can.
It is important for me to maintain my account and access considering we plan on creating that initial quest that unfolds the style, story and gameplay to the world :)

I like the sound of this game. Do you guys have a website or facebook?

Not a website yet, just a slightly outdated page on my outdated website which Farina put a link to lol, btw thanks, Farina.

If you guys want, you should join up with the skype group chat for live developer support.

skype:?chat&blob=hFN1FQl2I8J_GBOvAs40nQt-jDOO6qpi8WtKbcbk4YNFb48ONKfzN-7OvtupqE4qjBQHLRhpgEokrRGBdJQ

Or PM me on here and i can add you on skype.

Sure, I'd love to join the group, however, I'm primarily a CG artist and can only contribute perhaps with some knowledge in that. We're currently not in active development so I'm afraid I'd be a bit useless at this stage.