HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: roles for player client users ?  (Read 1839 times)

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
roles for player client users ?
« on: Dec 23, 13, 09:12:55 AM »

So, i want to add an user account to my world that would be able to download a player client and connect to my world via player client only, i.e. i don't want it to be able to use heroblade client/ dev tools. Why can't i do this? From various dev posts i got an idea that this would be possible. I added an account with the following roles and i'm getting "Your account is not currently associated with any active HeroCloud worlds." and "No additional downloads".

How can i fix this, am i doing something wrong?

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: roles for player client users ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 13, 12:10:10 PM »

Yeah, the "Beta" role is not enough. For what you want, set the role to QA.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

feredfn

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 13, 12:16:53 PM »

No offense but i guess you should somehow hide the email address of your friend from public boards ;)

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 13, 12:26:40 PM »

Yeah, the "Beta" role is not enough. For what you want, set the role to QA.
Yeah i figured, but that's the role that gives him heroblade client with no editing access, and doesn't give him playerclient download.

I belive that the role that gives only the player client access is a necessisty... or just a nice thing to have.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 13, 03:12:14 PM by AWW_boss »

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 13, 05:05:35 PM »

well, thing is normally you didn't get the player client till later on in development cycle and at that point you worked with devs to make a patcher and installer for the player client. After much chatter etc the devs released or gave us the player client without going through that step, so we could do some pre in house testing stuff, but it's never and nor is it still really meant to be for non-developers as a "pre-alpha" or such. It's still pretty much just a developer tool.

Which is why they didn't bother making the needed access / account changes to the default access rights.
So best you can do is just give the person QA rights, as pointed out they can't make any edits or changes, but if they do figure it out can download the Heroblade client and connect, they can't however access the repository though.

In regards to the player client you can just email the file(s) to the person they don't have to download it from the site, it's really just a heal file to launch the stripped version of the HeroBlade.
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]