HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Autodesk Maya 2013 - black background after applying Hero Shader  (Read 2001 times)

TheDoctor

• World Owners
    • View Profile

Hello I am having a problems with the Hero Shader in Maya. Everything is working fine so I guess it is just a visual issue.

When I apply the Hero Shader on my model, the texture scales up in a weird way when rotating my camera around the object and it seems like there is some weird light glitch going on as well as suddenly having a black background.

The model is perfectly fine once it is placed ingame or in the repository browser, the problem only occurs in Maya.

example:

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

Hello I am having a problems with the Hero Shader in Maya. Everything is working fine so I guess it is just a visual issue.

When I apply the Hero Shader on my model, the texture scales up in a weird way when rotating my camera around the object and it seems like there is some weird light glitch going on as well as suddenly having a black background.

The model is perfectly fine once it is placed ingame or in the repository browser, the problem only occurs in Maya.

Apply the Hero Shader only when you're ready to export or use Viewport 2.0.
It does mess up the default display.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile

It's a maya + certain hardware trying to render a "true" representation of the shader issue.

TheDoctor

• World Owners
    • View Profile

Thank you for the quick responses and for your help! I thought I was applying the shader wrong but it looks like everything is fine :)