HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Maya 2013 Export Issue  (Read 1121 times)

anthgraham

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Maya 2013 Export Issue
« on: Jan 08, 14, 12:26:49 AM »

Iím using Maya 2013, 64 bit on a Macbook Pro. Iím trying to load the plugin for Hero Engine toolset so I can export some assets. I followed the tutorial from hero engine website exactly, but Iíve run into this issue at the very end where the toolbar loads, but not the icons. Its clearly a pathing issue, but i dont know where to go to fix it. And even if i try to use the button with out the icon, since I can see the description when I hover my cursor, I get this stack track error. I've attached a doc that has more details and screen shots of the issue. I'm on a REALLY tight deadline and need help ASAP

Please help!!!

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: Maya 2013 Export Issue
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 14, 01:59:40 AM »

While i am not a maya user , and this looks like a windows fix , it might help you

https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,3263.msg25119.html#msg25119

if not search the forum for the term "maya icons"

anthgraham

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 14, 03:39:17 PM »

So I read through the document you sent, and it's very similar to the tutorial video I watched, I've followed all of those steps, and double checked to make sure they code for pathing is all on a new line. Here's whats posted in my Maya.env:

MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = C:\admin\Documents\SalvationUniverse\HeroEngineArtPipeline\MELScripts\Maya2013.0
PYTHONPATH = C:\admin\Documents\SalvationUniverse\HeroEngineArtPipeline\MELScripts\Maya2013.0
MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH = C:\admin\Documents\SalvationUniverse\HeroEngineArtPipeline\Exporter\Maya2013.0_64bit
XBMLANGPATH = C:\ardmin\Documents\SalvationUniverse\HeroEngineArtPipeline\MELScripts\HE_Tools_Icons
HeroEngine_Root = C:\admin\Documents\SalvationUniverse\HeroEngineArtPipeline

That line right here, which is the 4th one down is the start of the problem, When I try to load the shelf, I get this error message:

Pixmap file C:/HeroEngine/ArtDepot/HeroEngineArtPipeline/MELScripts/HE_Tools_Icons/FarClip.png not found, using default

That pathing right there ^^^^^^was the default from Hero Engine's site, that I had modified with my computers pathing.

SO I need to change that pathing... but how?? It's not in the Maya.env file.... Should I just code it in?? And if so what would the code be?? You'll notice that line of code has backslashes as the others all have forward slashes, so I'm just confused.

Any ideas??? Thanks guys!

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 14, 03:42:11 PM »

Well, you're saving the root path in a folder called admin, and you've listed the path to the tools in a folder called ardmin, so that might be part of the problem.

anthgraham

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 14, 06:26:22 PM »

admin is just the name of the user, the name of the computer.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 14, 06:27:03 PM »

admin is just the name of the user, the name of the computer.

Look really close, it says aRdmin instead of admin.

anthgraham

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 14, 04:49:22 PM »

I have part of the problem fixed that I can see the icons but now I am getting the error message

getting the error //error:line1: cannot find procedure "HE_HeroToolsGUI" when I try to export the file. Any ideas why this is happening

Anthony