HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Novus Inceptio - end  (Read 2232 times)

McMagic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Novus Inceptio
Novus Inceptio - end
« on: Dec 15, 13, 03:27:12 PM »

After a very long time health again ;)

I come with sad news - after a very strong consideration and many tests. I was forced to move to another development project engine.

Hero Engine is a great tool and I am very happy that I could work with him . Unfortunately, for my project (which is priority number one ), the development of HE in very demanding ( bypassing certain things to achieve the result , etc. ) and some things impossible.

It's not that HE was bad or anything else - just is mainly built for a specific style of MMO games in recent times. And my project has slightly different requirements.

Hero Engine I will continue to recommend to all and if I ever get to the point where I need to create a " classic" mmo . So HE is the first choice ;)

Thank you all for your support and interest in my project.
+ To all HE developers and people who stand for background and HE here on the forum . When helped me a lot in training in HE .

It was for me almost two years of very good experience and I am grateful for the Hero Engine and the local community - thank you!
---------------------------
Project itself does not stop , just slowed down the development of the transition to a different engine.
When I was forced to write specific code for procedular generate online world, consisting of Voxel using technology ( when it is possible terrain teraforming voxel technology , etc. ) . + Write additional codes, etc.

It is currently available working dev alpha version - which is an example of the generation of voxel world in real-time (data are read via the DB - > so if the world does not generate anywhere - it's because there is not a positive record in the DB for default generation , etc. ) + first attempt changeable weather ;)

http://www.novus-inceptio.com/data/alfa/01/
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 13, 03:29:01 PM by McMagic »

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Novus Inceptio - end
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 13, 04:03:18 PM »

It's quite sad to see you go.

I hope you will be able to finish your game, because it was one of my favourite projects to watch ;)

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 13, 08:05:09 AM »

You achieved amazing progress and it is indeed sad that you have to switch engines.
The best of luck with your project !

McMagic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Novus Inceptio
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 14, 03:53:30 AM »

I apologize in advance (more or less it does not belong and I do not want it to serve as an advertisement ...).

I have a new tech dev alpha version + some changes in the project.

The whole world is procedurally generates unlimited size (ie infinite) - generated by the player goes where.

I applied the procedural generation to create height differences + humidity and accordingly creates biomes (in the demo is everywhere applied only tropical regardless of the actual biomes). Procedurally generates all and flora (trees, grass) + and textures are generated self :)

I do not have to work at all in the editor and everything resolves a script - which with regard to the project I create myself, my job a lot easier.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 14, 04:18:07 AM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 14, 04:17:29 AM »

Hi, mcmagic. The unity forums are a great place to discuss single player projects in unity. We like to keep these forums for massive scale heroengine games. :-)

McMagic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Novus Inceptio
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 14, 04:35:31 AM »

I thought this because once again I apologize.

I took it with a view that there are few people with whom I communicate constantly about the HE + HE I still did not reject a pay license;)

But I understand that it was not appropriate - So sorry again.

The HE I want more in the future to create / convert my experience into the tutorial.

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 14, 11:40:12 AM »

just wanted to say you been a solid inspiration for several of us here, in both your amazing world building skills, and unique takes on ways to do some nice features and functions.

[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

McMagic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Novus Inceptio
Novus Inceptio on Eurogamer.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 14, 12:18:25 PM »

COOPER EDIT
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 14, 02:33:37 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 14, 02:32:46 PM »

Hi McMagic,

The best place to advertise your Unity games is on the Unity forums. There is a large and active community there. :-)