HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Developing game and would like to know about steps of licensing  (Read 1294 times)

devilman666

• World Owners
    • View Profile

Hello! I have recently bought this engine and have heard about licensing. But is there a middle solution between two offered ways of licensing?
Also have a few question because i have heard about that this engine had some bugs and lack of beauty (concerning effects and so on)

How can anyone help me with this question?

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Developing game and would like to know about steps of licensing
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 14, 07:56:50 PM »

As to the second question, a game's beauty generally has little to do with the engine.  Afterall, it does not make your art.  How the game looks is up to the artists and engineers; some HeroEngine teams have made some amazing looking stuff.  The engine's rendering capabilities are pretty darn good, and teams can write their own shaders if they so desire.

There have been some hiccups in the engine, but the Idea Fabrik engineers have generally been good at addressing things and updating the build.  It certainly is in stark contrast to an engine I've used in the past which had pretty much no support from the company behind it.  And think of this way: with the HeroCloud license, the bulk of their revenue would come from that which games bring in, so they have a vested interest in helping the games succeed.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

devilman666

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: Developing game and would like to know about steps of licensing
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 14, 06:03:59 AM »

Thank you for your answer! So it means that they have now a good support if you are developing game like ticket system, in case for example if my cloud service will stop working by some reasons. Also would like to ask if there support if their servers will from different point of view delete all info (for example hdd will break or something else) and we will lost all our data, in this case how they can help us?