HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Fixed Next Update] BUG: Reload Shaders From Local Debug Directory Not Working  (Read 2720 times)

jcsmith562

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

I was trying to do some custom shader work earlier and wasn't seeing any of my changes take effect after reload effects. So I did a simple color change on the otherarea_dim shader making it render in green instead of blue, and after a reload effects I noticed that didn't take effect. Restarting the client fixed it. So the Reload Effects appears to be bugged at the moment.

How to Reproduce:

- Either edit your otherarea_dim.fx shader (in shaders200a/engine) locally or upload it to the server depending on how you have it set up.
- Swap the .b color changes to .g and vice versa.
- Reload effects and look across a seamless area with Dim Other Rooms on. They are still blue.
- Restart the client and look across a seamless area with Dim Other Rooms on, they are now green. Changing them back to blue and hitting Reload Effects will not work. You need to exit HeroBlade and reload to test.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 14, 12:19:37 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: [Queued] BUG: Reload Effects Not Working In Sapphire
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 13, 10:57:31 AM »

yeah, this is broken, it's actually a combination of our new renderer and a windows operating system bug, so we're waiting to see who will fix what side first. :-)

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine

Changed the title so it reflects what this is actually about - shader / development feature, not the FX system or a production issue

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy

tzemanovic

• Developers
    • View Profile

Any update on this issue?

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine

Fixed in the next update