HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Glare or darkness  (Read 1783 times)

amilleri

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Glare or darkness
« on: Apr 08, 14, 08:56:42 PM »

I'm currently working on using the world builder and since I'm new to the engine I seem to be having trouble with one thing at the moment. If I am zoomed fairly far out to get an overview of the entire area I get a glare on the terrain that makes it impossible to see the details for large scale layout. I've tried messing with the time of day, but if I change it to night I get darkness instead of the bluish glare.

Does anyone have a quick fix for this? I know I must be missing something somewhere.

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: Glare or darkness
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 14, 10:41:22 PM »

In the environment panel, disable or change the type of bloom - that will reduce or remove any glow/glare.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

amilleri

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 14, 06:58:27 PM »

It's odd I checked the wiki and for some reason I don't have access to a bloom slider like it shows on the environment page panel, it's a bit frustrating trying to work on making everything look correct when I can only see small portions of the map.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 14, 09:05:49 PM »

I think you'll need to describe what you mean in more detail. Zooming out the camera from a heightmap will not change any lighting settings, so either your fog or your normals are changing the look as you change perspective. It's also possible you're hitting the farclip plane, but a screenshot will most likely reveal the confusion.

amilleri

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 14, 02:34:09 PM »

I ended up figuring it out, and yes it was fog  :o