HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Animated Asset problem  (Read 9187 times)

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Asset problem
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 14, 04:14:08 PM »

I am still unable to reproduce the behavior at all. If anyone else here can reproduce the behavior that would be very helpful.

If you recreate the same asset, from scratch in a new scene, does it work?  It sounds like there is something somehow corrupted with Max or the scene file.

SilverkeyPhilippopoulos

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 14, 07:41:46 AM »

Ah, I have found something that might be usefull?

Made a new asset, from scratch in a new scene. But didnt make the hook cause cba. But, I made a simple oscillating asset. It picked up only half the the animation again.. but only in the world it is put it, if viewed in the asset library (making an icon for it) it DOES show the correct animation: http://youtu.be/GR3q6YHn3uQ

I put the asset in the Animation-Test World in the North-Eastern corner and put the asset under "Animations" in the asset library if you want to take a look at it.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 14, 10:57:52 AM »

Woa.  That IS interesting.  I will jump in and take a look.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 14, 10:46:58 AM »

Very interesting.  We're hitting some odd edge cases here, which I think can easily be avoided.  I don't believe this is necessarily related to the art pipeline update, but if it is - it's something which probably shouldn't have ever worked :P

That last asset, the swinging pendulum you made the video of, IS playing the full animation.  It is merely offset.  Using arbitrary values to explain what I'm seeing:

Say it rotates between +15 degrees and -15 degrees around the X axis. The viewer shows frame 0 as rotated to +15 degrees and frame 99 as -15.  In Heroblade, it is appears that frame 0 is 0 degrees and frame 99 is -30.  So the full thing, but offset.

When you create animated assets, you should create the bone that they are attached to manually.  This will be automatically created by the export, but you have no control over the orientation.  Try creating the bone and skinning the pendulum to it while the pendulum is vertical.  Then create the exact same animation and see if it displays properly in the engine.

SilverkeyPhilippopoulos

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 14, 02:45:38 PM »

ah, thank you :D, but what caused the, now I guess infamous, hook to completely fall out of its bounding box? :p

I tried the manually adding of the bone and skinning it, but I think I made a small error somewhere anndd.. it still starts at 0 degrees instead of, in this case, -5 degrees... while in the icon maker it shows correctly

!ERROR!graphics:Error Loading [/alpha-town/test/animation-bone-test1.hgm], "NewMeshBinding: Unable to find bone: 'Bone002' in the ToSkeleton"

I'm fairly new to working with bones, so give me a bit to muck around with bones and such :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 14, 02:53:10 PM by SilverkeyPhilippopoulos »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 14, 09:42:16 AM »

Just to be doubly sure, though I think this may only apply to character meshes, use at least four bones.  Even if the other three aren't doing anything, that will make sure that the mesh is considered "skinned" and not "rigid".
Pages: 1 [2]