HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Alpha world down  (Read 642 times)

BCI3DLLC

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • FoxySoft
Alpha world down
« on: May 14, 14, 10:23:20 AM »

Why is my Alpha world down all the time.  not sleeping but DOWN.  Can't access it through the blade or anything, and it happens a lot.  I am just wondering why that happens and if there is anything I can do about it.
Games for Grown Ups

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: Alpha world down
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 14, 11:25:09 AM »

Which server are you on ? (ie C022 US West or EU WEST C020 or whichever)

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 14, 11:37:45 AM »

When it's just your alpha world that is down, and not other worlds, it means it's specific to your world. Well, in 95% of the cases. Which normally means code or scenarios are executing on your world which are causing processes to crash.

However, the quartz deploy is still new, so it could be bugs on our side, or it could be that you had broken code before, which was barely holding on, that new implementations in quartz exposed the vulnerabilities. If your dev world appears stable, then request a push from dev to alpha, but more often than not, it's exposure to the player base that is exposing issues in your codebase. But again, could be new quartz problems, but we would normally expect those issues to show up across a wider range of alpha worlds if there was a wider spread problem.

First step is have your engineers start looking at any errors that are popping up in your world and make sure those are addressed.

BCI3DLLC

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • FoxySoft
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 14, 12:05:31 PM »

Ok thank you
Games for Grown Ups