HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Verified Fixed] Quartz.B dynamic details  (Read 2490 times)

Stadi3-RP

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Verified Fixed] Quartz.B dynamic details
« on: May 09, 14, 11:56:47 AM »

Dynamic Detail only worked once for me with quartz.a, I cannot get it to show up anymore no matter what setttings I  use.
« Last Edit: May 22, 14, 05:16:50 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-SCOTT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Quartz.A - Dynamic Details not rendered in radius always
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 14, 03:16:47 PM »

Moved from another thread.

Quote from: Stadi3-RP
To add to this, dynamic detail only renders in the radius that is set in the options. Once you go outside of that radius the grass no longer render past that boundary. It takes a restart to make it render again in the radius of your current position, then the same thing happens, only renders within your radius. This is in the player client btw, haven't tested in the blade yet.

jcsmith562

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

It's broken in the blade as well. Won't render at all for me, and if you enable them it seems to crash the game on a resize.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
[Fixed Next Release] Quartz.B dynamic details
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 14, 10:57:31 AM »

they still only load around the character as you enter a area , and do not refresh with camera movement. Not sure if you were trying to fix this with this patch.
« Last Edit: May 16, 14, 12:18:45 PM by HE-Cooper »

Stadi3-RP

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Quartz.A - Dynamic Details not rendered in radius always
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 14, 12:19:41 PM »

Moved from another thread.

Quote from: Stadi3-RP
To add to this, dynamic detail only renders in the radius that is set in the options. Once you go outside of that radius the grass no longer render past that boundary. It takes a restart to make it render again in the radius of your current position, then the same thing happens, only renders within your radius. This is in the player client btw, haven't tested in the blade yet.

Happening in Quartz.B as well.

HE-SCOTT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Quartz.B dynamic details
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 14, 03:58:33 PM »

We have tested in your development world and the behavior of dynamic details looks correct to us. Can you please email support@heroengine.com with specific reproduction step to see the behavior you are seeing. Include these things in your report to help us track down the issue:
1. area name
2. name of a GM note that positions the camera correctly to observe the issue when possible
3. all steps necessary including any commands we would need to run to reproduce the issue

Thank You.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 14, 04:42:48 PM »

Its not a camera angle issue , its as if the detail system thinks the camera has not moved from where it arrived in the area. To reproduce this enter a area that already has dynamic details and the walk or move outside the the initial "patch" . if you move to a adjacent area and then back to a different spot the details will appear there, but stay fixed.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 14, 04:50:03 PM »

As you implied it works as expected elsewhere i just checked fantasy lowland , and they appear to work correctly there . maybe its something to do with the billboard textures . very confused now.

edit : its a small area , but there is a blank patch in one corner with a very straight edge , it might not be a good example of it functioning
« Last Edit: May 15, 14, 04:51:53 PM by WorldWideZ »

Stadi3-RP

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 14, 06:18:18 PM »

We are having the exact same issue, posted here https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,5399.msg30467.html#new . To reproduce the issue, create a grid heightmap 1000x1000, paint the entire area with a dynamic detail. Logout and relog in, go into character mode, run in any single direction, the grass will stop rendering eventually(varies depending on what the distance setting was when painted). If you relog again, notice the grass will render around the radius of the character again. Run again in any single direction, grass will stop rendering eventually.
« Last Edit: May 15, 14, 08:42:42 PM by Stadi3-RP »

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 14, 06:52:52 PM »

Same thing here if it helps, the grass shows up and if I move around it doesn't update. If I minimize and restore the blade the grass shows up (if that helps any) but still doesn't update past that point if I move again.
Co-Owner/Programmer - The Repopulation

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 14, 07:02:53 PM »

Also, if you need a zone to test it in.

Plymouth City on our server.

Thanks.
Co-Owner/Programmer - The Repopulation

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 14, 12:18:27 PM »

It looks like the last remaining of these issues is now fixed in the next hotfix, it had to do with camera updates relating to dyd. Here's hoping. As I'm sure we're all tired of dynamic detail by now.