HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Changing the character movement system request  (Read 1302 times)

Voarsh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Changing the character movement system request
« on: Jun 01, 14, 02:14:01 PM »

Hello all.

I thought this tutorial request might be useful (for me and others). I would very much like to know how I can change the movement keys and how the character moves.

Right now you can press the W key to move forward. The E key to move the camera to the right, and the Q key to pan the camera left.

Instead I'd very much like to get some pointers or some sort of tutorial to have it so that I can use the arrow keys or the W, Q, E keys to actually move the character. It would work similarly if I was to move forward and press the W or the E key. However when using the left and the right arrow keys, doing the same thing you move diagonally.
This change makes the game more like a first-shooter? (I hope I got that right.)

If I do not have myself clear on what change I'd appreciate some pointers for, please let me know.
I hope I've described it clear enough, and other will agree that this change would benefit World Owners who want this kind of game-play.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: Changing the character movement system request
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 14, 03:32:39 PM »

The current keys are set up in the game_keybindings.ini file. This file is found in the repo. There is a dev made tutorial on setting that up here - Press "I" to open a gui window .