HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: skeletal corruption  (Read 7013 times)

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: skeletal corruption
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 13, 04:17:22 PM »

Wow... that is a lot of very specific inputs.  Based on the videos of what is occurring, it seems to not be an issue with exported animations, but your system is quite complex so it is difficult to narrow down the issue further. 

It seems most likely that there is an issue with the animation channels and how they are applied to the bone, the exact settings of the animation channels, or other scripts that effect the player character.

I suggest that you try to simply the character's setup, just in general and also as a way to narrow down the problem.  It seems from how you have it that you may want to look at additive animation to create some of the behaviors you're after more simply.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 13, 04:12:25 PM »

I've reproduced this bug using a character I'm working on.  Are you still experiencing this behavior?

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #17 on: Jul 30, 13, 04:35:39 PM »

yes its still occurring , we still have to revise our character AAS into a simpler form , if you have any tips before we do i would be most interested   

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 31, 13, 09:40:55 AM »

The character I reproduced the issue on has a much simpler setup, so it doesn't seem likely that the complexity contains the root cause of the issue.  For now, I wouldn't worrying about altering your scripts or character setup to handle the issue.

Out of curiosity, did you use Max or Maya to create the character assets?  Are you using any of the skeletal morphing or facegen tech?

After I track down the cause of the problem I would be happy to look over your character setup again and see what advice I can offer for the streamlining process. :)

Open question: Is anyone else experiencing this issue on a character with animation channels?

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #19 on: Jul 31, 13, 10:46:33 AM »

using max 2010 , and we are not yet using any of the skeletal morphing or facegen tech

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #20 on: Jun 29, 14, 07:30:58 AM »

This issue has now changed , the arm no longer locks round , it just resets to his side occasionally instead. Which doesnt look anywhere near as bad as this did. :D
Pages: 1 [2]