HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Bug!!! Fix Needed! - Path Panel has no scroll bar  (Read 1944 times)

Mikey90

• Developers
    • View Profile
Bug!!! Fix Needed! - Path Panel has no scroll bar
« on: Jul 13, 14, 01:48:44 PM »

This is for the HE Development team. When selecting the Path editor panel there is no scroll bar so I can select half of the options that are made available in the following tutorial.

http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Paths_Panel

Please advise.

Thanks

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: Bug!!! Fix Needed! - Path Panel has no scroll bar
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 14, 02:20:28 PM »

you could use a bigger screen resolution in the mean time , or detatch the pane and drag it bigger. unless your expecting stuff below that data panel.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 14, 02:25:15 PM »

It does seem to be cut off half way through the waypoint rotation data entry box, near the bottom. (at least it is that way on my screen also.) Without the scrollbar, the data area seems unreachable. I am at max res for this monitor here too.

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 14, 09:18:00 AM »

The three areas have resizable splitters between them, so you can resize them a bit to pull it all onscreen.

The splitters are a bit of a non-standard user experience, so we'll that change and the scrolling fixed in a future update

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 14, 10:36:47 PM »

It does seem to be cut off half way through the waypoint rotation data entry box, near the bottom. (at least it is that way on my screen also.) Without the scrollbar, the data area seems unreachable. I am at max res for this monitor here too.
You don't happen to have the Windows option on where it make text and things bigger, do you?  (Control Panel --> Display)  With that above 100% it can often make text not fit in these panels.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 14, 11:02:12 PM »

You don't happen to have the Windows option on where it make text and things bigger, do you?  (Control Panel --> Display)  With that above 100% it can often make text not fit in these panels.

While that was true some time ago ... pre-Quartz? ... it should not be true now.  HeroBlade should be immune to changes to high-DPI / font-scaling.

The only issue I'm aware of with regards to high-DPI / font-scaling is with ATI cards, because they don't handle it correctly.  We've reported the issue.  However, it's rare to hear back, and the only changes ATI (or Nvidia) list on driver updates are performance improvements and major crash fixes.

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 14, 11:23:34 PM »

Currently at 100%. Agreed, it does not effect the HeroBlade editor, because when I set it to 75% no change. Mine is set from edit -> zoom.

Yes, I do have an ATI card.