HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] overide e_characterAppearance  (Read 989 times)

amb3rl4nn

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] overide e_characterAppearance
« on: Jul 17, 14, 04:32:03 PM »

So the default implementation of HE_CCSCreateVisibleCharacterNodeForCharacter has the below function referencing

Code: [Select]
CreatePersistedNodeFromClass( "e_characterAppearance" )
  I created a new file A_CharacterCreationSystem and changed the $CHARACTERCREATIONSYSTEM NODE on the client and server to overide with this new class.  I also created a new A_CharacterAppearance class to use instead of e_characterAppearance.

Its worth noting all I have done is copy paste all the same source code so the only change is the

CreatePersistedNodeFromClass( "e_characterAppearance" )
TO

CreatePersistedNodeFromClass( "A_CharacterAppearance" )
So once I make this change it breaks some how and I'm not sure why.  As far as I can tell I have created the class exactly the same with the same parent inheritance etc...  any suggestions on what I could be missing?  It seems to fail to create the persisted node.  Here are the two functions involved as far as I can tell:

method HE_CCSUseCharacterSpecificationForVisibleCharacter( character as NodeRef of Class _PlayerCharacter, characterSpecification references String ) as Boolean
// Determines the model initially used by the visible_character, as soon as you have a game specific model or models
//   for your game you will want to override this to create something else by default
//
//  characterSpecification = "character_sample"
//  return true
  when RandomInteger(1,3)
      characterSpecification = "female"
  return true
method HE_CCSCreateVisibleCharacterNodeForCharacter( character as NodeRef of Class _PlayerCharacter, visible references NodeRef of Class _characterAppearance ) as Boolean
  if visible = None
    visible = CreatePersistedNodeFromClass( "A_CharacterAppearance" )
    visible._characterSpecification = $CHARACTERCREATIONSYSTEM._CCSUseCharacterSpecificationForVisibleCharacter( character )

// Required association for persistence
  AddAssociation( character, "base_hard_association", visible )
  character._characterAppearanceRef = visible
  // Tell the engine to render the character
  visible.draw_character = true
  return true

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 14, 07:26:43 PM by amb3rl4nn »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: overide e_characterAppearance
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 14, 05:21:10 PM »

The server class E_CharacterAppearance has both its server and client Destination Class set to itself.  Do you have that set up?
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

amb3rl4nn

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 14, 07:15:24 PM »

Yup that is setup... screen shots showing the two setups.  Neither have any scripts attached either... on client or server it seems.  The only thing I can think of is that "base_hard_association" is not being established if the character is invalid? but if that was the case it shouldnt work for either class; but it does work if I set it to "e_characterAppearance"

amb3rl4nn

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 14, 07:18:02 PM »

So looks like the issue is the archType did not even notice this before... however now I cant delete the class because

20:02:19: DCD ERROR 0 : "Error Removing Class Definition ID: 9223372057260021596 GOM::removeClassDef (5239): class (9223372057260021596) is in use in a node or prototype
GOM::isClassUsedInNodes (16080): Class is in use in Node (9223372057325021569)"

How can I resolve this?

amb3rl4nn

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 14, 07:26:09 PM »

Looks like it might have been a replication issue... after re-creating the class with the correct archtype and renaming the old one I was able to delete the old one.

*SOLVED*