HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: 3ds max 2015 support? (Resolved)  (Read 1485 times)

Dwarf_King

• World Owners
    • View Profile
3ds max 2015 support? (Resolved)
« on: Jul 30, 14, 08:56:33 PM »

Hi,

So I am in the process of having to convert my models to Hero Engine format through 3ds max 2015(I cannot find any 2014 subscription).

My question is:

Does the plugins for 3ds max 2014 works in the 3ds max 2015?

Best,
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 14, 05:04:10 AM by Dwarf_King »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: 3ds max 2015 support?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 14, 12:08:43 AM »

probably not , welcome to the great world autodesk updates obsoleting old versions of max every year. The hero guys like to wait for a few months for a new release to become stable before they write the next exporter.

Dwarf_King

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 14, 05:23:21 AM »

Now that is some bad news...

How do I then get my art converted into the Hero Engine?

Best,

Side note:

It seems to me that HE is kind of locked/taken prisoner by only using Autocad products as a tool for converting models into HE. Each new version will create this issue as Autocad does not sell older versions of 3ds Max...

Perhaps the FBX support should arrive very soon to counter this. Otherwise that means that people that moves to your engine have like zero options of converting art to HE format until you deem the new max versions stable. Then Lightwave 3D, which by the way is a very awesome program, could actually be used as well. L3D already cooperate with other game engines so I do not see why they would refuse Hero Engine.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 14, 07:23:09 AM by Dwarf_King »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 14, 08:16:11 AM »

yeah thats why this part of the forum is for complaints about lack of FBX support :P Its because we get access to Radtools granny software , and i think that only works from max (the HGM format is bespoke version of gr2 files the granny process is carried out during the export).

Dwarf_King

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 14, 09:24:53 AM »

Well is this not something the HE staff would like to address?

It seems rather odd that new users are unable to upload art for like months when Autocad publish a new version of their software.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 14, 10:07:39 AM »

We've addressed it many times in the past, but let me reassure you, the FBX pipeline is being actively developed.  The difficulty you might be overlooking is it isn't just FBX "support".  The granny software has a vast array of functionality that FBX - as it is just a format - doesn't have.  All of that has to implemented, integrated with our current systems, and have tools created to properly interface with in engine.

That is still a ways off, but 2015 support is included for the next major release :)

Dwarf_King

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 14, 10:45:39 AM »

Well fair enough  :)

I understand that it is something that takes time. Sorry if I seem to be inpatient  :D   

At least I shall look forward to the next update.... You update now? :P Yes you done with update now? :P

Also I am very glad that you are working on the fbx support. I strongly believe that FBX support will benefit your tool as a more widely used one. With that I and many other people who use the HE can use many other 3D applications(I really love to use Lightwave 3D).

Best,

Dwarf_King

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 14, 04:16:36 PM »

Okay so after some frustration and lots of lots of research it seems that some hope persists here:

At this link here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support-topics/5096/5101

It states that:
"Desktop Subscription
Customers who are subscribing to the product monthly, quarterly, or annually are eligible to use the following previous releases:"

And when scrolling down I found that:

Product                                                Available Previous Releases
Autodesk® 3DS Max 2015                    Autodesk® 3DS Max 2014

So it seems that one indeed gets access to the older 3DS Max 2014 version.

More can be read here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Previous-Version-Eligible-Product-List.html

And here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodesk-Software-Rental-Plans-FAQ.html

"Does Desktop Subscription include previous version usage rights?
As of March 2014, Desktop Subscription will include access to 2014 versions of select eligible products and suites (see Eligibility List for available products). "

I guess it is time to subscribe and convert some art    :)

Hope it helps out for others as now it seems that all can simply just subscribe and use 3Ds Max and use the previous 2014 version. Hence you should be able to start working when needed. 

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 14, 12:04:30 AM by Dwarf_King »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
Re: 3ds max 2015 support? (Resolved)
« Reply #8 on: Aug 04, 14, 08:01:14 AM »

couldnt they think of something cooler sounding than "granny"...

Dwarf_King

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 04, 14, 09:37:58 PM »

Well perhaps because it sounds like Nanny or Danny.

Your game looks good  :)

Warded

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 14, 07:57:07 PM »

Or sounds like Granular?