HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] New where to start?  (Read 2800 times)

chrisb

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] New where to start?
« on: Jul 02, 11, 07:35:32 PM »

Hey there, my name is Chris Beckett. I am new to these forums and to the engine.
I was wondering if anyone could give me any basic information or pointers.

Thankyou
Chris
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 12, 04:38:32 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 11, 08:57:51 PM »

We always suggest starting at the wiki http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Main_Page  and the tutorials therein

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy

chrisb

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 11, 07:42:21 PM »

Thankyou, I was wondering what would the easiest way to make a npc dialogue be. For example: You talk to a npc and a dialogue box pops up and then it gives you options to click then you click one, For example: Kill 5 monsters for reward.

If anyone has any ideas please help me out.

Chris

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 11, 09:09:56 PM »

The wiki  as well as Hero's Journey Reference will help you out more than any of us can with that. Not a "press the easy button" way to set that up. Requires knowledge in scripting and understanding of HeroScript.

Shinzon

• World Owners
  • Law student and part-time MMO dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 11, 09:03:26 AM »

The wiki  as well as Hero's Journey Reference will help you out more than any of us can with that. Not a "press the easy button" way to set that up. Requires knowledge in scripting and understanding of HeroScript.
That is correct. You should take a look at HJ Reference code, it can be a good starting point. If you have any specific question, though, I'm sure you'll get the best possible answer from the Hero staff, or one of your fellow developers; so feel free to ask, and welcome aboard!

rustyblades

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 11, 04:36:22 PM »

Is Hero compatible with a format supported by Chat Mapper?  Currently supported formats are:

Export Dialogue Tree To Image   
Export Screenplay To RTF   
Export Project To XML

Not sure on the Dialog Tree file extension.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 11, 05:06:00 PM »

Hi Rusy,

Chat Mapper is an organizational tool for dialogue. In order to have a a dialogue system in HeroEngine you would write it in our scripting language. You could then organize your own dialogue using any tool you like. RTF and XML are simply storage files for the organization of that text, like writing your text in a Word Document and then putting it into your game.