HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Question: Getting Started  (Read 2349 times)

jamesnw

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] Question: Getting Started
« on: Jul 26, 11, 02:54:14 PM »

Hi, I have a single world instance with the demo areas and was wondering ... do I delete these areas and all scripts to build my world, or just add new areas and scripts? Or perhaps I need all the scripts, and can just delete the areas? I just didn't want clutter where I don't need it.

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 12, 01:00:04 PM by HE-Cooper »

BigDogGameStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 11, 03:32:16 PM »

Hi, I have a single world instance with the demo areas and was wondering ... do I delete these areas and all scripts to build my world, or just add new areas and scripts? Or perhaps I need all the scripts, and can just delete the areas? I just didn't want clutter where I don't need it.

Thanks! :)

I would recommend keeping the scripts until you are comfortable with the scripting language. As far as the areas are concerned, I recommend deleting them myself :)

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 11, 05:06:21 PM »

When you click delete for an area it still remains, just hidden from the organizer. Example you cannot use that area's name again. If you want to delete an area completely you must go to the console and type "-areadel areanamehere". I wouldn't recommend using -areadel unless you really need an area's name that has already been used and deleted from organizer, otherwise create a new area.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 11, 05:14:24 PM by info360covers »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 11, 05:11:09 PM »

I'm going to add a sentence of wisdom for the use of all software, and hardware, and items, in the whole of the universe:

"If you have to ask whether it's okay to delete things, it is most likely advisable that you wait until you are experienced enough to answer the question yourself before deleting things."

jamesnw

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 11, 09:36:31 PM »

Thanks. The main reason I asked was because I didn't want to begin adding stuff only to find out I should have started a different way. I plan to keep the areas and scripts to learn from as I go, was just wondering. :)

Jeremiah_Fulbright

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 11, 09:51:28 PM »

I ended up moving alot of the scripts into respective folders, just to help ease the clutter. As there are so many engine/base scripts and then the evaluation scripts, etc.

My biggest issue right now is sorting out the GUIXML tab, as it has tons of different ui's and I don't know that all of them are used in the demo/eval side of things. It also is the same on the repository, as the GUI and GUIXML folders have tons of the HJ textures, etc., but they're never referenced any more