HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Trees and pathing  (Read 1607 times)

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Trees and pathing
« on: Aug 30, 14, 02:19:12 AM »

I seem to be getting no path nodes forming under tree branches , do others find this too?

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Trees and pathing
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 14, 09:09:08 AM »

The pathing ini file access is missing from this build, otherwise I'd ask you to look at the character height settings. Could be collision on the billboards also. Could be we borked something else about tree representations. What do the physics on the client and the server show?

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 14, 10:02:30 AM »

the tree physics looks the same under both client and server flags on the physics panel (see screenshot) ,  character height is set to 0.17 (from the ini in the repo).

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 14, 12:23:34 PM »

If those billboards are set to be collidable, then a 2 meter tall character might not be able to path under them. I can't tell from the perspective.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 14, 02:38:28 PM »

As a quick test i have thrown 3 copies of the tree down , 3 sizes 1.8 , 1.5 and 1.3 x scale of the original , character by the middle tree is 1.7 m , still seeing large gaps , although there are some close paths this time which is different

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 14, 03:49:31 PM »

Yeah, unless there's something there I'm not understanding, that looks like an issue.