HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Environments between Areas load differently - Video Included  (Read 1174 times)

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahxPQ2l1uRU

I have the same globals loaded in each Area.

In the video you can see the blends values in each area stay the same yet load different looking environments.

Going to each area seems to load a different Environment for all the Areas visible.

The Time Of Day stays the same between the areas as well.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 14, 03:29:25 AM by nocake »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: Environments between Areas load differently - Video Included
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 14, 04:53:39 AM »

Have you used the "Area" scheme in there? have you tried reloading all the schemes in each of the areas?

personally i have a more scripted weather system that loads ges files and adjusts the sliders as the day progresses, but even that sometimes "forgets" the base layer and fails to load the sky, the only way currently to fix it seems to be manually reloading the global scheme that sets it up.

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 14, 05:24:19 AM »

My system is semi scripted as well but my approach is different.

I don't load the .ges files in my script. I only change the blend values.

I expect each area to have a template Environment. In this example my environment template looks like this:

-daynight
--rain
--darkclouds

To alter the weather I change these blend values.

Every area will have the same globals added to them and the values of the blends will be the same.

A little more testing and I think there are multiple problems here.

1. The Area layer still seems to influence the blend values even when it is set to 0.
For Example: With the Area scheme selected I walk from one area to the next with the Area blend value at 0. One Area has Enable HDR the other doesn't. You can see the change in the effect.

2. If I want to copy an Area scheme by making it global the HE client crashes. It creates the file but once i restart HE and go to add the new global Area it doesnt seem to change the current Area at all.

3. When loading into an Area the surrounding Areas do not load a scheme at all.

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 14, 04:13:21 PM by nocake »

nocake

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • BlightMMO
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 14, 04:27:00 PM »

Solved One Issue:

I needed to select my daynight scheme in each area and apply it to all active rooms in each area.

How ever the areas can still sometimes show different things from one area to the other as shown in the first part of that video.

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 14, 04:52:50 PM by nocake »