HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi, I have a question about 3ds max and importing it to hero?  (Read 4216 times)

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: Hi, I have a question about 3ds max and importing it to hero?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 05, 14, 09:34:32 AM »

drag and select the errors and then ctrl + c to copy or screen shot it with print screen should do the trick. try these steps for export :-

1) we will assume you have a model , MyModel.max and it uses texture Mytexture.jpg and mytexture_bump.jpg

2) create folder in your local folder for models home desktop\HE\example\Mymodel\

3) open photoshop , and open the jpgs. go to save as and rename Mytexture to Mytexture_d and then choose DDS format (if its not in the list you need the nvidia dds texture plugin) repeat for the bump map , renaming this one Mytexture_n . If you have a spec map this belongs in the alpha channel of the bump map , but for now just leave it out.

4) make sure textures are in folder desktop\HE\example\Mymodel\

5) open max , and open the material editor. change where it says standard to hero material.

6) name the material something unique

7) select the mytexture files in the two slots

8) assign material to model

9) reset gizmos / xforms if needed

10) export to the desktop\HE\example\Mymodel\ folder

11) done! upload to the repo browser to \HE\example\Mymodel\

12) start client , go to clean area , attempt to load model

13) if its still not working here , then there are 2 windows to check. Find the window called "Error" and the one called "Console" and get the whole of both outputs

andreadixon825

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 14, 09:42:49 AM »

Thanks I'm going to try that now. Thank you very much.  :)
I have one question? Can Autodesk 3ds max and Autodesk maya conflict with each other? Because I have both. I just though I would ask that.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 14, 09:46:39 AM by andreadixon825 »

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 14, 09:52:49 AM »

should not matter , sure i had both installed once.

andreadixon825

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 05, 14, 10:01:57 AM »

ok so all dds files has to have a whatevername_d and what dose whatevername_n mean? why do I need to put the _n and not all files _d? sorry for asking this.

andreadixon825

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 05, 14, 10:12:56 AM »

Here is what happens when I start hero engine, error list.

!ERROR!System:Rigid meshes not supported!  Asset: /character/dynamic_2/human/female/ears.gr2, Mesh: ears
!ERROR!System:Rigid meshes not supported!  Asset: /character/dynamic_2/human/shared_geometry/hair/hairbase_mop.gr2, Mesh: hairbase_mop
!ERROR!Material:MATERIAL REDEFINITION ERROR:  Material [~dt2_hair] was first defined in file [/character/dynamic_2/human/shared_geometry/hair/hairbase_mop.gr2] and then redefined by file [/character/dynamic_2/human/shared_geometry/hair/hairbase_wavy.gr2]   Reason: The second material's setting for DiffuseMap (/character/dynamic_2/texturebanks/hair/hair_1_d.dds) does not match the first material (<<none>>).  Materials sharing a name must have identical settings, fix the art by eliminating the differences or renaming one of the materials and then restart HeroBlade.
!ERROR!Material:MATERIAL REDEFINITION ERROR:  Material [~dt2_hair] was first defined in file [/character/dynamic_2/human/shared_geometry/hair/hairbase_mop.gr2] and then redefined by file [/character/dynamic_2/human/shared_geometry/hair/jewelery_piercings_1.gr2]   Reason: The second material's setting for DiffuseMap (/character/dynamic_2/texturebanks/hair/hair_1_d.dds) does not match the first material (<<none>>).  Materials sharing a name must have identical settings, fix the art by eliminating the differences or renaming one of the materials and then restart HeroBlade.
!ERROR!System:  FAILURE: stop of [combat_idle_come_here.gr2] attempted when it was not playing
!WARNING!graphics:PERFORMANCE WARNING: Texture [/render/weather/side_splashes.dds] size 960x198 is not a power of 2, and must be converted on load
!WARNING!graphics:PERFORMANCE WARNING: Texture [/render/weather/top_splashes.dds] size 960x165 is not a power of 2, and must be converted on load
Server Error:  "Error adding area: GOM::newArea (15353): Unable to create the new Area: canAreaBeAdded returned false: GOM::canAreaBeAdded (15330): The new Area name (test123) was already in use.
!WARNING!graphics:PERFORMANCE WARNING: Texture [/engine/cleangame/resources/skydomes/textures/clear_sky.dds] size 5112x1280 is not a power of 2, and must be converted on load
!ERROR!System:ERROR: Not found (0xFACE000F) loading resource: /herotutorial/man_character/man_test.hgm

andreadixon825

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 05, 14, 11:16:17 AM »

Yes I got 3DS Max to work now and I put a model in the area and it shows up with textures and everything, thanks so much for that little tutorial WorldWideZ. I just have one more problem When I make a new area It dose not give me any textures or the ground, you know thoughs gray areas, but I can go to other maps just cant make new ones, the textures and the model loads and everything but I get this error in the error box of hero engine.

!ERROR!Material:MATERIAL REDEFINITION ERROR:  Material [various_ferns1] was first defined in file [/world/livecontent/dynamicdetails/meshes/small_spider_fern.gr2] and then redefined by file [/world/livecontent/dynamicdetails/meshes/featherfern.gr2]   Reason: The second material's setting for DiffuseMapAlphaType (3) does not match the first material (2).  Materials sharing a name must have identical settings, fix the art by eliminating the differences or renaming one of the materials and then restart HeroBlade.
!WARNING!graphics:PERFORMANCE WARNING: Texture [/engine/cleangame/resources/skydomes/textures/sky_heroengine.dds] size 5988x1700 is not a power of 2, and must be converted on load
!ERROR!System:PhysX:  not finished loading yet!  Returning a fake collision at the character position to prevent falling
!ERROR!System:Asset /tutorialhero/all_hero_models/box_test.hgm mesh Box001 () not exported with tangent vectors
!ERROR!System:Asset /tutorialhero/all_hero_models/box_test.hgm mesh Box001 () not exported with binormal vectors

Why is it saying this when it works with collision?

!ERROR!System:PhysX:  not finished loading yet!  Returning a fake collision at the character position to prevent falling
!ERROR!System:Asset /tutorialhero/all_hero_models/box_test.hgm mesh Box001 () not exported with tangent vectors

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #21 on: Oct 05, 14, 12:22:48 PM »

ok error right at the end there - find the box in the export panel in max and re tick include tangent space - any other boxes changed from default may need to go back too , try that one first though.

Server Error:  "Error adding area: GOM::newArea (15353): Unable to create the new Area: canAreaBeAdded returned false: GOM::canAreaBeAdded (15330): The new Area name (test123) was already in use.

this one looks like you might have some errant code running maybe? any thing in the script errors window?

the rest are not anything to worry about (anything with gr2 is old clean engine stuff) except your man_test , but i think your a little way off doing a character yet, concentrate on a static first :)

andreadixon825

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 05, 14, 12:49:02 PM »

Yes I'm going to do that, starting now I'm ;D just happy the import and export work, I'm going to start doing basic stuff now I just wanted to make sure I know how its done. Thanks WorldWideZ I really appreciate all the work you helped me through. :)
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 14, 12:55:39 PM by andreadixon825 »
Pages: 1 [2]