HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Oops! Need help please!  (Read 2585 times)

Aelinthali

  • General Accounts
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Oops! Need help please!
« on: Oct 16, 14, 12:38:22 PM »

I was looking at the _CharacterSelectionGUI the other day and accidently messed it up.  I have found that the .xml for it is actually called _CleanEngineCharacterSelectionGUI (pretty sure that's correct).

I was hoping someone could post the uncorrupted text of the .xml file for me so I can get this back working.  Right now if I click on it, I get a red screen and a message that the GUI has been shut down due to an error.

I know I shouldn't be making changes to this file, and I didn't mean to.  I was tired and not thinking clearly. :-\

If there's another way to recover this file, please let me know.

I read the post about getting this file off the console in HJREF and I am trying that but I wasn't sure if it is correct as there are some major changes to the CSS screen in HJREF
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 14, 12:54:08 PM by Aelinthali »
Logged

WorldWideZ

  • World Owners
  • ****
  • Posts: 524
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
Re: Oops! Need help please!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 14, 01:07:35 PM »

no need to exchange scripts like that :)

step 1) download and install P4Merge from the perforce website (free software) use the default settings all the way

step 2) open the HeroBlade and then the HSL editor

step 3) open the offending script , and then in the window menu open History

step 4) choose the script dated before you touched it and double click

step 5) P4merge opens and has the two versions displayed your one , and the diff.  To do a total replace select the whole content of the diff window and copy and paste over the version in the HSL editor

step 6) compile and save
Logged

Aelinthali

  • General Accounts
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Oops! Need help please!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 14, 06:37:57 AM »

Thanks!  I had gotten this advice before but forgotten about it.  This worked.
Logged