HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Replication Field problem  (Read 1268 times)

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Replication Field problem
« on: Oct 27, 14, 02:56:14 AM »

I'm working on my own copy of E_ game files using a different prefix, and have most fields, scripts, and classes done. One place I am having trouble is with the E_CommonCharacter class. I made a copy and named it Sf_CommonCharacter, copied the scripts and changed all the prefixes from E_ to Sf_, and mostly is going ok but I can't click the Replication boxes on the fields Sf_hitPoints, Sf_isImmune, Sf_isDead, and Sf_level because when I try to save the class it gives me the error:

MCDRAF Error 0

Cannot add field to class replication as it has no replication metadata defined.

Any idea why it is doing this? I have the classes done on both client and server side.

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
Re: Replication Field problem
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 14, 03:11:15 AM »

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 14, 05:16:53 AM »

The scripts using E_ in front are fine for changing, as they are the example scripts showing how the basics work in the engine. We use quite a few of those even though we have our own scripts also.

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 14, 12:56:48 PM »

Thanks guys. I had forgotten to set the client field as the destination. Simple mistake. :)
I know I could change the E_ classes but I want to keep them intact for reference as much as possible. Still trying to wrap my head around the whole server/client concept.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 14, 03:09:15 PM »

With a program like P4merge you can always see the original code checking the earliest date on the list. I use it a lot to check changes made in the script since last I viewed it.

Amarak

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 14, 11:18:35 PM »

I've seen that around. Looks like a handy tool for the shed! Thanks Thazager!