HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: FPS of 3  (Read 1529 times)

logforums

• World Owners
    • View Profile
FPS of 3
« on: Dec 24, 14, 06:40:43 AM »

Hi guys,

I'm using a laptop with:

i7 processor
8GB RAM
Geforce GT 555M

In editing mode (and play mode) of HeroBlade, using the basic test areas, I appear to get an fps of 3 which makes it impossible to work with. In fact, no matter what area I'm in I get this type of FPS.

I've looked at this article: http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Controlling_Frame_Rate_%28FPS%29

But I'm not really affected by any problems presented in the article. I can run high-end games with normal FPS (on medium settings).

I'm wondering if there are simpler solutions or fixes that weren't mentioned in the article?

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
Re: FPS of 3
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 14, 11:47:56 AM »

What OS, and have you patched up your dx and graphic card drivers. Could be some rogue process trying to run that isn't patched on your graphic card or your dx drivers.

if you create a new area with just 1 piece of terrain same issue?

When you installed HE did you put it on the same drive as your OS runs?
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 14, 02:35:54 PM »

Well, that is a pretty low end video card. I wouldn't expect a great deal more performance out of it. Do you have shadows disabled and clipping plains pulled in?

Do you have any recurring error spam in the console? Or a large amount of textures or speed trees?

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 14, 01:01:39 PM »

Hmm that card isnt so bad tbh. should give way more than 3 FPS. My tablet has an onboard card and runs at maybe 20 fps.

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 14, 07:53:54 PM »

thoughts the same, should be able to pull a 30 fps with that machine in a clean or new area.

Particles might bog it but outside fo that for general development should have no problems.
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

Warded

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 15, 03:31:45 PM »

I have a lesser processor, less ram and a 240m and get 5-15. You shouldn't be that low unless something else your running is eating up your resources.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 15, 10:33:24 PM »

Keep in mind that some of the areas on HJref worlds are highly unoptimised and are usually cluttered. They are there to show you how things can be made and what they can look like, so they may lag as they are crammed full of things.

If you make a new area with nothing at all, no heightmap or anything, how is your performance?