HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Solved] MaterialOverrides not working/set up correctly for Diffuse Map  (Read 2878 times)

Norham

• Developers
    • View Profile
    • Pachewy Games

After i imported a model into HeroBlade i try and assign a Material to the model, the Normal Map i can assign with no problem but for the Diffuse/Alpha one i get this error :

I don`t know if i did somthing wrong withing HeroBlade or in the Repository Browser but i get this for every model i import. The 3D Max part works without any problems. Any ideeas on how to resolve this ?
« Last Edit: May 21, 15, 02:32:52 PM by Norham »

arrestedgames

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: MaterialOverrides not working/set up correctly for Diffuse Map
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 15, 01:04:03 PM »

Something interesting about this issue is that I tried to upload the diffused texture as well, and it shows the path from Norham's local drive; to me thats weird...

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 15, 01:53:31 PM »

is it possible the material is referencing a texture that is in a folder thats "not" in your repository?
If its referencing the local drive, open up the model in 3DSMax or Maya and double check that the texture has been saved/copied to the proper directory within the HeroEngine\ArtDepot\HE file structure.  Then make sure the material in 3dsmax points to that directory.   

Otherwise, it has been taking longer than usual for textures to load in the MaterialOverride panel.
If you've tried it several times without any luck, check for texture or material errors in the Console panel.

Other than that, haven't seen any problems with the MaterialOverride on our server.   

*edit*
also never hurts to double check and see if the texture was uploaded to the same directory the material in 3dsmax references.
« Last Edit: May 20, 15, 01:55:30 PM by ToY-Krun »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 15, 10:18:00 AM »

That error occurs when the path for a texture that is contained in the hgm file points at a location which doesn't exist on the repository.

Make sure you've exported the asset pointing to the right texture location and that that location is duplicated in the repository.

Norham

• Developers
    • View Profile
    • Pachewy Games
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 15, 02:32:10 PM »

Thank you guys for trying to help me resolve the problem but neither of the solutions given by you worked, even if the .hgm file points at the texture folder into the repository, the same error occurs. So i found the following solution to the problem :

After converting the model in 3d max and the diffuse and normal map in photohop cc, i added them both into the same folder in the repository and uploaded them to the server. I added the model into the Asset Library and then the area. I went into the material overrdrive and cliked clear for the normal map and manualy selected the normal map i needed for the repository , and for the diffuse map (the one with the problem) after the error occurs, i clicked ok then typed some random letters in the "File Name(s)" box and hitted ok, after this i have clicked again on the Diffuse map and finaly let me browse trough the repository and select the diffuse .dds texture. It's not a very long process but it worked for me. Hope this helps other users with the same problem.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile

Norham, that means that you exported the original model pointing to a location that didn't match the actual relative location in the repository. So when you went into material overrides, you essentially just manually found the material in the repository, and attached it to the model.