HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [RESOLVED]-Quartz.d-Force Styleset Update not working  (Read 817 times)

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED]-Quartz.d-Force Styleset Update not working
« on: Apr 29, 15, 06:15:48 PM »

Force Styleset Update not working from HEStyleSet GUI:

9223372095314023329,0: [Dandridge] Method [STYLESETUPDATETIMER_TICK] not found on node [9223372095314023331]

StyleSetMaster/StyleSetClone has no class script for the "_tick" method if it is intended it have one

(StyleSet Script) SERVERSIDE

Code: [Select]
function ForceAreaMasterCloneUpdate()
  var areaNode = GetAreaNode()
  if areaNode is kindof StyleSetMaster
    where areaNode is kindof StyleSetMaster
      areaNode.styleSetUpdateTimer.forceTick()
  if areaNode is kindof StyleSetClone
    where areaNode is kindof StyleSetClone
      areaNode.styleSetUpdateTimer.forceTick()

I temporarily created class methods scripts for both StyleSetMaster and StyleSetClone (SERVERSIDE) and copied the contents of StyleSet (SERVERSIDE) to both, and changed the Function "STYLESETUPDATETIMER_TICK" to a Method.   Seems to be working til a proper fix is available.

*Edit*
Just a note, the temporary fix I mentioned doesnt fully work, it changes the visuals, but doesnt update the texture list in the terrain editor, and probably misses alot more in the update that I havent noticed.

For now I'm just using the style copy, and transitioning to the intended area(s) and pasting it, that seems to be working.
« Last Edit: May 09, 15, 01:15:02 PM by ToY-Krun »

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Quartz.d-Force Styleset Update not working
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 15, 01:14:46 PM »

this issue is resolved.   it seems a styleset master area got renamed and in the process, it somehow forgot it had added class "StyleSetClassMethods"....?

No idea what happened, but canceling the master status and then remaking it a master again worked.

My best guess is the styleset name and the master area name no longer matched.