HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Alphas changed - bug?  (Read 1683 times)

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
Alphas changed - bug?
« on: May 14, 15, 09:13:45 PM »

I have a Parent GUIMovePanel called testPanel. It has 2 dragged in panels - Face and map from _minimap.

The alpha for the map shows working as normal circle shape. The same alpha added to the Face (in the same manner) does not seem to work at all. Its still square.  ** This used to work for the Face before the New Changes. **

Both have unique texture types, minimap comes from a external function using MINIMAP, and Face as a texture from saved file using :charPortrait (where the colon is the important part).

Lead scripter for EO, Repop helper.
HSL Video tutorials:
https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1719.msg36858.html#msg3685

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Alphas changed - bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 15, 09:07:09 AM »

Have you tried setting texture filter to false?

Also, Since you mention that the alpha works on the other this might not be a problem but I've found this post from Herb to be a good reminder dealing with alphas and the dds formats:

Which DXT compression you choose depends on your content:
DXT1 - no alpha
DXT3 - explicit alpha
DXT5 - interpolated alpha

MIPmapping should usually be enabled for everything EXCEPT ui textures.  However, there are exceptions either way.

I can't comment on the rest because I don't know how paint.net interprets them

Cheers

Wouldn't hurt to check the dxt format of the images.  I double checked a control that we have thats similar to what your showing (as far as using alpha over image)  and our settings look to be the same as you have EXCEPT the Texture filter is set to false on ours.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
Re: Alphas changed - bug?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 15, 02:12:39 PM »

I will have to wait until access comes back again. This was in the main world, where I sometimes loose access, and sometimes have access.

Lead scripter for EO, Repop helper.
HSL Video tutorials:
https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1719.msg36858.html#msg3685